Sophia relaxing (samyang 85 f1.4) more pics added....

Name
Shaheed
Edit My Images
No
So most of my recent shots had been with the aid of a speed light/studio head so went back to basics with natural light and a manual focus lens.

Sophia was watching some tv, oblivious to me in the corner of the room!

Morning Chill by Sir SR, on Flickr

Cheers for looking

S

Last edited:
Pin sharp, gorgeous, you can't beat natural light!

Cheers guys. I often forget about my 85 f1.4 but when I remember it, I really like it! It can be a pain manual focussing with the kids but its worth it for the results!

Thank you all for your kind comments! Dean - definitely glued to the tv syndrome!

S

mattd85 said:
Great capture ! How do you rate the samyang? Thinking of getting one.

Matt

It's a fabulous bit of kit at a good price point. The only downside is that it's manual focus. Given that most of my pics are of kids that can be hard. HOWEVER the results are worth it. Don't get me wrong, I'd gladly trade it for the 85 nikkor f1.4 afs but then I haven't got the best part of 1k lying around!!

I've got a samyang set on my Flickr (mainly on the d90 but some on the much less forgiving d800)

Hope that helps

Shaheed

Forgot to post a few others......a couple wide open and a couple stopped down, candids whilst kids were relaxing! The 85 was a bit tight to use in our room but made the best of it crouching around furniture! Its a fantastic lens, really like it on the D800. All natural window light.

1)
Samyang B&W Candid by Sir SR, on Flickr

2)

3)

4)

5)
Samyang B&W Candid by Sir SR, on Flickr​

Thanks for looking

S

Lovely light Shaheed, just real nice simple natural images. :)

But do you never feed her? :p :LOL:

Mank said:
Lovely light Shaheed, just real nice simple natural images. :)

But do you never feed her? :p :LOL:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

I do sometimes wish I had an af 85 f1.4 but when this samyang hits the spot, it's really satisfying! It seems to be great even at f1.4

Well my eldest was eating an apple (one a day is clearly not working in our house) but Jessica my youngest likes to mark her territory with the controller!!!

S

bovey9 said:
im not keen on the processing of the original image. Its mainly how the legs look i have a problem with.

Fair enough! Processing wont be to everybody's taste!

She had dirty knees and there is a slight vignette. I normally like the eye to go to the brighter bits.....face rather than legs!

Thanks for looking!

S

Lovley pics, no 4 of the second set is my absolute fave, but i like them all, verry angelic,
Dave

swb landy said:
Lovley pics, no 4 of the second set is my absolute fave, but i like them all, verry angelic,
Dave

Thank you very kind! They are angelic......for at least 1/100th of a second ;-)

S

Back