Sorry, I've been to "that" place again.

I love the simplicity of #2 with contrasting colours between sky and sea.
I'm also a sucker for a good northern lights display so #3 appeals to me too.
Well captured.

Stop it - please.
I really want to go to Iceland and all these shots aren't helping.
Seriously though - great shots especially #2 ;)

Stunning shots. That's somewhere that I have been thinking of going to next year.

Chris

Thank all once again for taking the time to comment.
Those of you that are thinking of going, GO! You will not regret it. I have been going many times a year for years and Iceland never disappoints. It is hard to sum up the rugged beauty of this country in a few photographs and it's less than 3 hours from the UK.

Absolutely beautiful pictures Mark.I specially enjoy the second one. Very strong image. Nice work!

Thank all once again for taking the time to comment.
Those of you that are thinking of going, GO! You will not regret it. I have been going many times a year for years and Iceland never disappoints. It is hard to sum up the rugged beauty of this country in a few photographs and it's less than 3 hours from the UK.

:plus1:

As Mark says, photos can't really sum the place up or do it any real justice, especially when seen as screen shots. Even A3+ prints look weedy compared to memories of the real thing! When we went last March, we "did" the South coast and Gulfoss/Geysir and feel that we barely scratched the surface. TBH, I could spend a week at the ice beach/lagoon with a couple of trips along to the glacier at Svinafellsjokull!
The people are lovely as well. Can be very shy and quiet until you engage them in conversation when their love for their surroundings shines through. We didn't get much chance to sample the local cuisine since we were usually out shooting from dawn to dusk and well away from centres of population.
If you get a chance, go! We plan on going back before too long, hopefully to do the whole circle over a couple of weeks, although we'd be happy doing the Southern 1/3rd again if time was more limited.
FWIW, I think there's someone on the forum who does guided tours and has posted loads of shots showing off the island to best advantage... ;)

We plan on going back before too long, hopefully to do the whole circle over a couple of weeks, although we'd be happy doing the Southern 1/3rd again if time was more limited.
I did the whole of route 1 earlier in the year. I have to say that the part of the east coast you see from the ring road was not all that interesting photographically, although my view of that part of the journey may have been coloured by the uninteresting weather and light I encountered. Personally I would not bother with the section of route 1 between Stokksness and Godafoss again, however YMMV.

1 and 3 are my favourites because compositionally everything about the scenes do their all to draw your eye in, very good shots.

Personally I can see the appeal to 2 and I know the cyan is a nice compliment to the peach but the ice is too saturated for me.

Back