Sorry.......

Name
Tracey
Edit My Images
Yes
yeah, its another cake related pic!! but what can i say...its my job :LOL:

im also sorry just incase it makes you crave cake LOL

just wondering what everyone thinks of it terms of lighting, set-up, etc.
does it look ok?

168501_489922831925_188177171925_5971076_6875233_n.jpg

thanks in advance to those who dont just read and run :)

Lighting and detail are great, so are the cake's, Yum! Yum!!

Lovely, nicely put together (the cakes that is:D)... no really, it works well, I don't think the background is a problem..

it's probably just me, but I'm not sure on the single dark chocolate on the left as my eye is drawn to it, and it's oof.

jgs, yes i see what you mean about the dark chocolate...i thought that myself......though i didnt have much choice because id eaten all the soft centered ones n was only left with nuts :LOL:

drewpics, lol. sorry i made you hungry :LOL:
x

thanks michael! yeah i was pretty unsure, but all the other backgrounds i had seemed to have quite big patterns on, and this was the smallest one i could find.....i too didnt like it at first, but overall i like the green so dont mind it now :)

I like it, and I really fancy a cake now!

The background works well tbh, but if it was me I would have shot about an inch lower at a shallower angle. It'd give a slightly better perspective and stop the cakes looking like they are hovering slightly.

Plus it makes the cakes look a bit chunkier as well :LOL:

would like to see more texture in the cream is lost some of it also not sure about the way the cakes at the read are positioned as said the rear left one is pulling your eye away from the front one.
May be the mid two wider and the rear two closer. over all very good shot

thanks Caleb, yeah i think your right.....i shot from lots of different angles n just found this one to be the best, i think i either shot too high, or too low, which resulted in me choosing this one, maybe a little bit further down would have been better.
and whats wrong with hovering cakes....they are magic :LOL: :p

chaz, thanks for that :)
yeah i think the rear left one should have come in abit, so it was abit more central.
thanks everyone :)

Hiya Tracey,

Hope you are keeping well, it seems ages since we met at the Chester Zoo meet.

The cakes look absolutely scrummy, and I saw this just in time for Elevens', had to make a cup of tea to look at the pic and imagine eating one of those delish treats :LOL:

Regards the pic, I really like the green and yellow with the brown cupcakes and think the colours compliment each other well.

I would have perhaps placed the square dark choc in the front with the lighter chocs behind, i.e., the round chocs in the second row placed left and right of the front cake and then the rectangular chocs at the back, but a bit closer to each other and perhaps with the chocs at an angle to each other to form a point.

I like the lighting and the DOF you have achieved with the colour background.

Not sure if that is of any help, just a suggestion.

Look forward to seeing more of your delish cakes soon.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi Dawn. yes it does seem along time ago now!! hopefully there will be more meets soon!!

yeah i understand about the composition.....i did have the dark choc in front first but it had little imperfections...(as did one of the rectangle ones) so i opted for the round one to come upfront :)

mmmm never thought about positioning them to make a point!! might try that next time!

jgs, yes i see what you mean about the dark chocolate...i thought that myself......though i didnt have much choice because id eaten all the soft centered ones n was only left with nuts :LOL:

:D :LOL::LOL:... self inflicted then :LOL:...

lmao yes :nuts:
its even more shameful if i tell u it was a really big TIN of roses too....not just a box LOL

only had those hazelnut swirls, those dark chocolate nut ones and about 2 chocolate fudge sticks left LOL

Back