South of France

Hi Oscar, where were these taken?
Always write a bit about your photos and why you are posting them here if you need crit, it really helps.
What camera, lens and shutter speed etc?
1st is ok but the overhanging trees branches are a distraction and the sky is meh, (no features)
No 2 I would say that your WB is off but a nice shot.
No 3, what is it ? Throw it in the bin.

Thanks Graham, this were taken in Bergerac, France.
Canon 5D3.
3- was a early morning view from inside the cabin [emoji15][emoji17]

Thanks Graham, this were taken in Bergerac, France.
Canon 5D3.
3- was a early morning view from inside the cabin [emoji15][emoji17]
Ah ok,
Bergerac is not The South of France, its the South west btw

Thanks for the info

I dont see too much of a problem with having a few branches helping to frame a picture, although I might crop some of them out. Main problem is probsbly related to flat dull lighting on the day. I would play anout with a bit more contrast and clarity ( if you have lightroom). You should get an improvement.

The second is a bit off colour to my eye, but again have a play with exposure, possibly bringing out the boat in the foreground.

I dont see the value in telling someone to bin a picture without saying why. As a picture for critique it has too much in the way of trees to let the sky show itself properly. Next time I'd look for a smaller window which might form a frame around the sky. Some shots are just for the memory, so dont bin it. Play around and get the best out of it and keep it for that reason.

Regards.

1. The overhanking branches make a nice frame for the scene.
Ideally, imo, to have composed a little lower so as to lose a couple of cm off the top of the image, whilst at the same time adding a bit more foreground foilage.....In effect there would be the possibility of framing the bridge as a ponoramic scene between vegetation, top and bottom of the pic.
2. Niceley done for the reflections in the water.
It could do to possibly be a little more exposed so as to give the boat more detail although care would need to be taken so not to blow the highligts ( bridge lights).
This too could be a contender for a pano scene if you lose some of the sky.
3. As Les says, the trees in this shot do block the obviously beautiful sky, however, perhaps this was the best composure you could get ??
It's actually not a bad image tbh, certainly worth hanging onto as a memory of your visit there and the colourful morning sky.

Ah ok,
Bergerac is not The South of France, its the South west btw

:facepalm::rolleyes: :banghead:

Nice, Antibes, Cannes, and even St Raphael are not in "THE South of France either", They're in the South East, however I'll think you'll find most folk who live in those places considider themselves to reside in "The South of france" ;)

I do wonder where the "boundaries for the south" begin and end......Toulon to St Tropez perhaps??:thinking::confused:

I live in the South of France near the Italian border .....now it's not SE, E , nor is it x amount of lattitude and longitude .....To me, and to most folk it's simply "The South"

As for Bergerc .....Is it really in the SW of france, I thought it was "everywhere" ....On TV!:D

1. The overhanking branches make a nice frame for the scene.
Ideally, imo, to have composed a little lower so as to lose a couple of cm off the top of the image, whilst at the same time adding a bit more foreground foilage.....In effect there would be the possibility of framing the bridge as a ponoramic scene between vegetation, top and bottom of the pic.
2. Niceley done for the reflections in the water.
It could do to possibly be a little more exposed so as to give the boat more detail although care would need to be taken so not to blow the highligts ( bridge lights).
This too could be a contender for a pano scene if you lose some of the sky.
3. As Les says, the trees in this shot do block the obviously beautiful sky, however, perhaps this was the best composure you could get ??
It's actually not a bad image tbh, certainly worth hanging onto as a memory of your visit there and the colourful morning sky.

:facepalm::rolleyes: :banghead:

Nice, Antibes, Cannes, and even St Raphael are not in "THE South of France either", They're in the South East, however I'll think you'll find most folk who live in those places considider themselves to reside in "The South of france" ;)

I do wonder where the "boundaries for the south" begin and end......Toulon to St Tropez perhaps??:thinking::confused:

I live in the South of France near the Italian border .....now it's not SE, E , nor is it x amount of lattitude and longitude .....To me, and to most folk it's simply "The South"

As for Bergerc .....Is it really in the SW of france, I thought it was "everywhere" ....On TV!:D
You t***, are you secretly stalking me.

Last edited:
Back