Sparks & Orbs

Name
Ray
Edit My Images
Yes
I know there's been a few of these but thought I'd throw some in too.

IMG_8998.jpg

IMG_9007.jpg

IMG_89832.jpg

Thanks guys. Darren - you're right. It would be better without the spinner but what I need to do is dress him in black and not having him show up on the first place. My ethos with these images is that they go on the page straight out of the camera completely untouched. That way I can hand on heart say there's no photoshop trickery involved.

MWHCVT said:
Overall a really nice set (y) part of me would like to have seen a lasso style spin over the water fall location in the 3rd one (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

We might give that a bash although the sparks get a bit too close to me and my precious kit as it is without encouraging him to fire off the sparks horizontally :)

We have a set planned for Monday which I'll put up if they work out. They'll have to go in a different section though :)

4737carlin said:
O good stuff, how long did you do the exposures for? also is the first shot one shot? its cool

All the shots I do of this type are one shot. They are straight off the camera with no PP whatsoever. In the first image did hold a black reflector in front of the lens for a few seconds whilst Andy repositioned and started the spark trail but still one exposure as such.

The shutter speed is usually between 20 and 30 seconds and it changes constantly as the light changes.

Neatly done! Speaking as someone who had done this kind of thing before, it is great fun.
Making me want the darker evenings now!

I was trying to work out where these were taken. Is it the Burn 'O Vat??

BRASH said:
I was trying to work out where these were taken. Is it the Burn 'O Vat??

10 /10

Spot on. Now with a User Name like Brash would I be far off thinking you work for the Establishment? Recently retired perhaps?

10 /10

Spot on. Now with a User Name like Brash would I be far off thinking you work for the Establishment? Recently retired perhaps?

No, I'm still in full employment and will be for quite a few years yet:D:D I'm not quite ready for the pipe and slippers.

As for the establishment, I've been a guest a couple of times (many years ago tho:eek:).

I'll PM yeh!!

Beav said:
Same for me! Looks like something of a game where you have to jump through to then down the waterfall.

Remind me not to play any of your party games. I'm pretty sure you'd be dead by the time you got to the bottom. :)

Back