Beginner Specific camera bag

Edit My Images
Yes
In Jan next year I am (hopefully, if war doesn't break out!) off to S Korea for about 7 weeks to work. I will be in a position whereby I can have my camera with me all the time. I intend to take my 7d mk2, 70-200, and a couple of other lenses as well as the usual other stuff. I want to take a camera rucksack with me as I will have my camera with me everyday. I also want to take this bag on the plane as handluggage. I am therefore looking for a rucksack that has plenty of room for the camera and lenses but also has room in it for a book, headphones, perhaps another top, gloves (it will be about -10 in Korea apparently) as well as a 15" laptop. I am seriously struggling to find something suitable. Any suggestions?

I have had a look at the bags named but without physically seeing them it is hard to know if they will meet my requirements. I suppose I am looking for a bag with a compartment for the camera and lenses and a separate storage compartment as well as a laptop storage pocket. None of this listed seem to fit these specifications. Any more ideas?

Hi @duggiebee IMO camera bags are like 'clothing' they are never quite "one size fits all". Hence your aimed for requirements will inevtiably be unique to you but [perfection will be hard to find..............i like most have more than one bag (a few in the cupboard that I have grown out of ;) )

The leading makes that get good reviews are:-

Thinktank
LowePro
Manfrotto
F-Stop

I suggest you have a good trawl through their sites and try to narrow down what which make & model best describes what will 'fit you'. Not sure about the others but LowePro have a bagfinder function here that might aid your research? http://www.lowepro.com/bagfinder

Best of luck finding the best match to your reqs :)

I have had a look at the bags named but without physically seeing them it is hard to know if they will meet my requirements. I suppose I am looking for a bag with a compartment for the camera and lenses and a separate storage compartment as well as a laptop storage pocket. None of this listed seem to fit these specifications. Any more ideas?
My suggestion even has a video!

Back