Speeding....watch this video

djs

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
I've got this from another forum.

This is probably the saddest video I've ever seen.
Make sure your speakers are on too

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pgYA2c5iyzs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pgYA2c5iyzs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
It's very well made. Gets the message across. We have such powerful and dangerous machines in our everyday lives...It's shocking that some people don't see or accept the responsibility that comes with it :|

Wow. I can think of a few people I'd like to show that to. Really gets the message across!

I had to stop it at 49 seconds hits too close to home ... Those who complain about speeding tickets.. I hope you feel ashamed.

Very well done. The problem is it will have no effect whatsoever on the people it's really targeted at - not for more than 5 minutes anyway.

very good, perhaps even more beneficial if shown at no cost on commercial tv....

Most of those videos were for the Northern Irish viewers and were shown on UTV (ITV). To be honest they have been using shock tactics for 20 years or more for road safety and violence and believe most residents here are becoming to an extent, numb to them. Time for a change in tack I think, for us anyway here in NI.
This one affected me more than any of the road safety ads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibB_VWa9uA

Very powerful video there, really hits home.

Shame there are arses out there though who it will have absolutely no effect on.

That video really got to me. Reduced me to tears infact. *

But as CT suggests, It prolly wont make any difference to the people its aimed at, or if it does it will only be a small percent.

Nobs will be nobs and I can almost guarantee that if one of them is watching TV when that ad comes on, they will divert their attention elsewhere, ignorance is bliss and all that.

* music dont bluddy help.

Hard to watch - brought a lump to my throat.

Erm... sorry to say it guys but I simply don't buy it. The message is all wrong.

Watch it again and honestly see if you can attribute the accidents to "speeding" and by that I mean SOLELY speeding. After all that's the message right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not defending the ****ers we have on our roads today, but it's messages like this that have screwed up our road safety figures.

Why? because we've forgotten the other, more important, factors that make up good driving. Things like Driver attention, knowing ones own ability, spacial awareness and hazard perception.

Instead we have a generation of drivers that are getting behind the wheel thinking that as long as they don't go over a limit (no matter what the conditions) they're "safe".

Sorry, but there's far more to road safety than a prescribed limit such as speed!

Erm... sorry to say it guys but I simply don't buy it. The message is all wrong.

Watch it again and honestly see if you can attribute the accidents to "speeding" and by that I mean SOLELY speeding. After all that's the message right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not defending the ****ers we have on our roads today, but it's messages like this that have screwed up our road safety figures.

Why? because we've forgotten the other, more important, factors that make up good driving. Things like Driver attention, knowing ones own ability, spacial awareness and hazard perception.

Instead we have a generation of drivers that are getting behind the wheel thinking that as long as they don't go over a limit (no matter what the conditions) they're "safe".

Sorry, but there's far more to road safety than a prescribed limit such as speed!
Wholeheartedly agree. I'm surprised there aren't more deaths than we have alrready, on motorways especially, the endemic tailgating at the dangerous speeds involved, the sudden lane changing into tiny spaces between huge artics make me shudder daily.

I agree with NathanJT - there's far more to road deaths than speeding, it's easy to blame speeding for every accident on the roads rather than driver error, or anything else (even though speeding is really driver error). And to all the people above stating that "they hope the message gets through...." etc etc.... Can you guarantee that you have never, and never will speed - no 31 in a 30, 61 in a 60?

Our speed limits are a joke - too low in lots of areas and too high in others. We should follow the US example - around schools at in/out time the limit is DRASTICALLY reduced, to 20 or 15mph. A cop is there most days and if you get caught breaking the limit in these areas, it's a whole different offence.

jeeeeez. that gave me a real lump in the throat. the last few seconds made me smile.
yes there is more to accidents than just speed .
but anything that can be done to bring deaths on the roads down, is surely a good thing.
i would take out the one of the young lad walking infront of a van.
20 miles an hour would still do him some major damage.
sadly the people that speed exessively, and regularly, are unlikely to alter their behaviour after seing this vid.
i very much agree with outlore about 15 or 20 mph limits outside schools .
shame they dont enforce parking restrictions more forcefully outside some schools too.
sadly gov.uk seem more interested in donating funds to themselves , with speed cameras, than keeping a police presence on the roads, where it can do most good.
traffic police numbers have dropped by a ridiculous amount in recent years.
many forces dont have specific traffic divisions anymore.
whos gonna catch the DANGEROUS drivers?.
you dont have to be speeding to drive badly.

That'd never be shown on UK TV because it would offend someone or some human rights *******s, I drive on the motorways most days and the things I see are unbelievable

M1 going into london Guy using a laptop at 60mph
again M1 guy in front of me was doing something and weaving about at 60 mph when I got alongside him he was signing the back of a credit card on his steering wheel, I kid you not. young girls texting, I see that most days, on the phone every day,

jumping traffic lights is a national epidemic, I drive a van with a trailer on, the law says if any part of your vehicle is behind the white line when the light goes to red you've committed an offence.

a while back as i crossed a light it went to amber, as the light went to red I thought, just made that, I looked in the mirror and there were 3 cars behind me

Last I heard 3000 people a year are killed on Britains roads, 6 a week, that's a shocking statistic that needs shocking adverts like this on the BBC and ITV

http://www.dft.gov.uk/think/

exactly, theres more to alot of thos accidents that speeding, be it due care and attention, driving too close to the vehicle infront or even error on the part of the pedestrian (the school kid getting mown down by the transit for crossing the road into his path while texting)

putting alot of accidents down as speeding neglects the fact that there was probably a more serious contributing factor involved.

although i agree that schools should have a limit of 15-20mph outside them during start and end of the day, as should many town centres etc

jumping traffic lights is a national epidemic, I drive a van with a trailer on, the law says if any part of your vehicle is behind the white line when the light goes to red you've committed an offence.

a while back as i crossed a light it went to amber, as the light went to red I thought, just made that, I looked in the mirror and there were 3 cars behind me

personally i think there must be a better way of signalling that the lights are about to change than simply the green, amber, red system.
near my parents there are a set of lights on a 60mph stretch of straight road, you can see the lights in the distance and they may be on green, as you get closer to the lights (to the point where you have to brake if the loight changes they may still be on green but you dont know for how long, by the time you've reached the lights from this point they may have gone to amber (which point you have to make a split second decision to either brake and hope you stop before the line (and hope the car behind you does the same) or go through the lights (and hope the camera doesnt flash you.

maybe a system wherethe green light starts to flash 10seconds before the amber comes on would give you more warning that the lights will change and allow you to prepare better and not be forced to 'chance it' when you dont think you can stop in time

maybe a system wherethe green light starts to flash 10seconds before the amber comes on would give you more warning that the lights will change and allow you to prepare better and not be forced to 'chance it' when you dont think you can stop in time

Nice idea but I think that'd lead to more crashes as the guy 1/2 a mile away sees the green light flashing and boots it to get there in time

great film that, now make a new one with audi's and bmw's in it and make all the ******s who drive them that i see everyday on the motorways and bypasses in the midlands have the song as a ringtone and have to watch the film before they go to work and when they leave work :annoyed:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

personally i think there must be a better way of signalling that the lights are about to change than simply the green, amber, red system.
If you approach a green light at the speed limit and are ready to slow to a halt then you'll have enough time and stopping distance to do so when the light changes to amber.

i couldnt watch the whole thing...

It's NOT all about speeding. Watch it again. It's several videos from around the world (I saw Russian, Australia and British plates) edited together, secondly the words "Pay Attention" flashed up more than a few times.

great film that, now make a new one with audi's and bmw's in it and make all the ******s who drive them that i see everyday on the motorways and bypasses in the midlands have the song as a ringtone and have to watch the film before they go to work and when they leave work :annoyed:

Here you go: ..,,,...,,,...,,,.. looks like you ran out. ;)

Gotta love people who feed stereotypes. It used to just be BMW's until Jeremy Clarkson decides it's now Audi drivers too!!!

And yes, I have owned both. :D

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

It would be nice to see the police do something other then pull people for speeding - in fact it would be nice to see the police anywhere once in a while - maybe they should spend less time questioning photographers....

Back