Critique Spingers

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Haven't got round to posting anything recently for feedback. I tried to take note of my previous feedback and improve my shots so see what you lot think. As always open to critque so please let me know.
These are not my dogs but a friend who I take my springer walking with and wanted me to take some shots whilst we was out as they liked the ones i have done from my dog. Gotta say these springers can be hard work at times to photograph as they always on the go!

1#
_MG_7001 by jamesmeephotography, on Flickr

2#
_MG_6968 by jamesmeephotography, on Flickr

3#
_MG_7000 by jamesmeephotography, on Flickr

4#
_MG_7006 by jamesmeephotography, on Flickr

5#
_MG_7008 by jamesmeephotography, on Flickr

The last 2 are the best for me (y)

#1 could do with space in front, rather than behind the head
#2 needs them both in focus, but still a nice snap
#3 has too much of the face oof

I was really happy with the last two as everything just seemed to come together these were the last couple shots I took too.
I cropped 1 so I should be able to correct that.

If I have two different objects at different distance how do you get both of them in perfect focus? I've tried a few times to no joy and it's baffling me.
There is only about a foot in distance between the two dogs in 2 but had it with them about a meter apart and could only get one of them in focus.

http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

If your dogs were about 10 feet away (random distance), shooting at f5 would only give about 0.12ft DOF
You need to close the aperture or/and open the distance to your subject to increase your DOF

Cheers for that link very useful. Will have a play around with this and learn some more.

Back