Spitfire at Tibenham airfield

Hi Norkie,
It must have been a fantastic sight! If you cut the shutter speed down to say 1/200th you would have more blur in the props creating a sense of movement and working on the shadow details in photoshop would improve these pictures dramatically.
Rob

Last edited:
Lovely shots mate, right place at the right time Eh!
That one was know as the Clipped, Cropped and Clapped Spitfire if i remember rightly

Right place right time is spot on! We just got out of the car when he arrived.

Switch camera on and shoot :) As Rob says a little more effort in Photoshop and I should have a couple of goodn's there.

Chap on the field did say it was a Mk9 o_O

I'm not red hot on spits but this is a later one as the canopy sits like a bubble on the fuselage ( doesn't have fuselage joining directly behind the cockpit ) but the clipped cropped and clapped referred to clipped wings, cropped prop and clapped.... That clapped referred to the earlier mks I think it could well be a mk9 the photo reconnaissance version had a deeper nose for additional oil cooler this one looks like it has that.

Nice shots such a superb aircraft!

Still a beautiful machine isnt it
The Spit right from birth just looked "Right"

Yes the very straight mainplanes are a bit uncharacteristic 8¬( (we always got 8ollocked for calling them wings, wings are things that flap the instructor used to say;))
That Mk IX looks (and sounds) stunning.

Back