Spitfire.

nilagin

Daniel-san
Suspended / Banned
Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Went to watch the Lotus F1 testing at Duxford, didn't expect to see planes flying but this Spitfire and another went up a few times in preperation for the Battle of Britain Airshow.
I would have liked to have got better shots in the air, but I'm not used to tracking planes in the air, more used to panning shots of motorsport.
Which do you prefer, colour or mono conversion.
Ready to scramble. Colour
LotusF1Duxford_326.jpg

Ready to scramble. Mono
LotusF1Duxford_326g.jpg

Warming up for take off. Colour
LotusF1Duxford_145.jpg

Warming up for take off. Mono
LotusF1Duxford_1451.jpg

Coming in to land. Colour
LotusF1Duxford_187.jpg

Coming in to land. Mono
LotusF1Duxford_1871.jpg

Not sure when I'll have a chance for aircraft photography again ,but any tips for improvement. But bear in mind I'm using a bridge camera not a DSLR.

Beautifully crisp sharp shots there, imo the B&W shots would look better with a bit of 'aging' and some levels adjustment to try and bring out the contrast and the sky a bit, but that's PP and not in the shooting. As for shooting, a slightly slower shutter speed for a more blurred prop if possible and don't let the camera choose the exposure on shots with lots of sky as it tends to under expose the subject a bit.

Beautifully crisp sharp shots there, imo the B&W shots would look better with a bit of 'aging' and some levels adjustment to try and bring out the contrast and the sky a bit, but that's PP and not in the shooting. As for shooting, a slightly slower shutter speed for a more blurred prop if possible and don't let the camera choose the exposure on shots with lots of sky as it tends to under expose the subject a bit.

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind for next time.(y)

Back