mm39fn.jpg

20styzc.jpg

4.(slight edit)
opu2ao.jpg

2yux5pk.jpg

2agp0y8.jpg

bdl1xt.jpg

Last edited:
Hi sidewalk, quick tip before we get started, you might want to number your pics, its easier for us to comment on the ones we like then :)

Well out of the set, they actually get weaker as they go along. Numbers one and two are just lovely :)

Number three, she doesnt have the best expression, much like number five, and the edit you did looks likle you've stretched her face? :shrug:

Number six and seven, well, not sure what you were trying to achieve here, its basically a girl with a measuring tape around her head :D Not for me I am afraid.

Hope that helps a little, looking forward to seeing some more :)

The edited photo has a tighter crop so that's why it looks a bit stretched but thanks for your opinion.

You have shown some imagination here, which is really encouraging.

These aren't really editorial beauty shots. Here's a brief description I copied from an industry pro of what a beauty shot is.

Beauty Shots
Often, for editorial fashion models (and not really much for anyone else) the “beauty shot” is used as the headshot. They are, in effect, a work of art in which the makeup, hair and clothing styles are feature players, and the model is also in the shot. Here the intent is less to show “what the model looks like” than “what the model can be”. Use of an excellent makeup artist and hair stylist is critical to these shots, and the lighting and styling can be quite extreme in some cases. Headshots are the exception also in that the model need not be looking into the camera. The art, not the model, is the thing.

Taking that definition into consideration I'd say that number 5 is the closest to a beauty shot. the last two, take them out. They're not doing you any favours. I can't grasp any concept from them. If the tape measure was round the stomach then yes, that would make sense, but here around the head, I'm not sure what message you are trying to get across to the viewer.

A good starting point though.

#5 works best for me.

between 5 and 2, as said above depends if you want or don't want eye contact
really like the set,
not sure about the tape measure though in the later ones

Back