Spring by the River

Actually I will confess that I did miss the "dye" until Charlie bought it to my attention, I was looking for another "angle"
Beaten by a Scot, how will I ever live that down :shrug: :D

Muckle mair comments like that an I will be pullin the claymore oot o the thatch:p

Muckle mair comments like that an I will be pullin the claymore oot o the thatch:p

I understood most of that Charlie,( I must lay off the malt :D) but "thatch" :thinking:
I guess that means something different up there to down here :D

I understood most of that Charlie,( I must lay off the malt :D) but "thatch" :thinking:
I guess that means something different up there to down here :D

Did you no ken. We live in little black hooses up here wi heather thatched raifs. Thats whaur we hide wir claymores;)

Did you no ken. We live in little black hooses up here wi heather thatched raifs. Thats whaur we hide wir claymores;)

Holy crap I understood all that!
I will most definitely be laying off the Malt :D

Holy crap I understood all that!
I will most definitely be laying off the Malt :D

The malt will no doubt be from Scotland too:D
Not wishing to hijack this thread i think I will leave it there(y)
Sorry Ade.

The malt will no doubt be from Scotland too:D
Not wishing to hijack this thread i think I will leave it there(y)
Sorry Ade.

Aye indeed sorry Ade (y)

No problems gentlemen, carry on............(y)

Fracster, can I just say that the photo's in this thread are stunning and I've thoughly enjoyed dipping in and out of this thread during the year. Are you going to carry it on next year?

Fracster, can I just say that the photo's in this thread are stunning and I've thoughly enjoyed dipping in and out of this thread during the year. Are you going to carry it on next year?

I think I have some more shoots lined up next year, this year has been difficult and a tad "violent". Next year will be smoother, so, yes, I hope to do so.

I have some new land lined up, perfect peace and bliss on the banks of the Ribble. If you ask farmers and explain what you are doing and why,make them feel confident in yourself and the fact that you won`t mess the place up,it is amazing what access you can get............(y)

Long time no see ladies....:)

SikaHinds.jpg

Remember the photos of all the snares?

snares.jpg

Well if you don`t nip the stops up on them,this could well be the result.....:bat:

Damagedleg.jpg

What is missing?

I expect all you wildlife buffs and fieldcraft people to get this?............:)

SikaGroup.jpg

Grabbed this hare as well, bit of a crap shot, but that happens.

winterhare2.jpg

Still loving the thread keep up the good work
Regards
Lost

This one shows the lass who has lost most of her leg.It could have been shot off, but I still think it is a snare that did it. I saw one in the summer carrying a back leg, wether it is the same is impossible to say. With the amount of deer poaching going on, i`m amazed that she is still alive. Thank goodness for a few people, farmers as much as anybody else, that care for these beautiful creatures.

SikaHinds2.jpg

What is missing?

I expect all you wildlife buffs and fieldcraft people to get this?............:)

Nobody knows, where are the breeding stags? Where are the best of the best? Where are the full headed stags?

Some pratt, who can`t see beyond the end of his rifle has killed them all.The breeding stock has gone, so what is left?.............nothing, the man is an utter nob. Hard enough to shoot deer,owls and badgers, but not man enough to stop scumbags running deer.
Yet our WLO says he is taking in personally, utter tosh.

Last edited:
I've just spend the last few hours reading through this thread.

I'm stunned by the quality of the shots in it. You have some great skill and I envy both your patience and access to such wonderful land.

It seems like it's been a year of highs and lows. Let's hope next year is more highs.

I look forward to reading more as the months move on.

Andy

Remember the photos of all the snares?
Well if you don`t nip the stops up on them,this could well be the result.....:bat:

I really wish that people that use these things would learn to use them properly!
This sort of thing p'sses me right off
( and you know what I do for a living Ade ;) )

What is missing?

Thats a bit of a sad sight Ade :(

Nice to see that this is still running though (y)

These are the only stags I saw yesterday, though I did see a better stag in the woods today, no photos good enough to show really...:naughty:

onlytwostags.jpg

I've just spend the last few hours reading through this thread.

I'm stunned by the quality of the shots in it. You have some great skill and I envy both your patience and access to such wonderful land.

It seems like it's been a year of highs and lows. Let's hope next year is more highs.

I look forward to reading more as the months move on.

Andy

Thank you, next year will be better. I think someone will be out of work......:)

Just like to say how much I have enjoyed following your thread this year. I really hope that you do carry it on into the new year it has been nothing short of amazing :clap:

The beck is frozen over just now, and the main river is 70% frozen over,oddly though, the kingfisher is still knocking about.

FrozenBeck.jpg

Not much else happening ATM, the weather is keeping most stuff deep in the woods, though I did see some deer today and watched a stoat for a while.

Ade, how happy am I to see this thread still going! :D Some lovely images from you since my last check a few months back.

I'm looking forward to lots more from you ;)

Ade, how happy am I to see this thread still going! :D Some lovely images from you since my last check a few months back.

I'm looking forward to lots more from you ;)

And very nice to see you back posting Jo, I hope all is well.

The Beck looks a bit different to last time i was there :eek: you free next friday Ade?

You ain`t been there Andy,different place. Yes, i think so, fancy an afternoon out?

I fell asleep in the hide again this morning,just for half an hour,I must be getting old or working too hard.....:D

Anyway,new regular visitors.

ltt2.jpg

The gang.

lttflock.jpg

Buzzard food picked up off the road this morning.

buzzfood2.jpg

And one for Charlie,i`m doing my bit mate,did three this morning.......(y)

buzzfood1.jpg

do Buzzard eat greys? if so you've got a new food source :D

The corpses will be gone by the end of the day, the buzzards fly that wood in the afternoons.If they don`t scoff them then the stoats,foxes or whatever will.Seems a perfectly good use of grey squirrels to me.......:D

Those LTTs are simply amazing Ade... (y) ...the first one is absolutely beautiful m8... :clap: ... and they are and always will be my absolute faves... :D

:p

Those LTTs are simply amazing Ade... (y) ...the first one is absolutely beautiful m8... :clap: ... and they are and always will be my absolute faves... :D

:p

Thanks bud.

I must admit to having a soft spot for them Rog, I can hear them making that wonderful noise they make well before I see them.I hear the noise and set up on the peanuts,that is all they eat that I serve up.......:thinking:

Back