Spring Treasure Hunt Discussion and Post Your Mosaic Here As Well.

the closing date is very much a moveable feast, at least it is when I'm making the rules :LOL:

Thank goodness!

Been on a mission as it were and finally got round to scanning a load of film from 14 different cameras....delighted to have got usable shots for 13 of the themes leaving just an amusing shop name and a fire engine.

Are we posting the results in a seperate thread Nick?

If all goes well I'll have chance to get my entry finished this weekend.

Thank goodness!

Been on a mission as it were and finally got round to scanning a load of film from 14 different cameras....delighted to have got usable shots for 13 of the themes leaving just an amusing shop name and a fire engine.

Are we posting the results in a seperate thread Nick?

If all goes well I'll have chance to get my entry finished this weekend.

May as well post them in here Asha, I'll amend the title. I've still got a few pics to to cram in and am awaiting the return of 2 more films, hopefully there will be an elephant in there somewhere.

I'm definitely not in this one, folks! Too many things going as it is, and I didn't even note down the targets!

ASDA'S 9 am - film developed - Complete blank - Camera shop - Film advance US
[ although it sounded good ] - They will send camera away for repair quote - Even got the Ele shot albeit a glass ornament -What have I learnt - Dont pay out without first testing - Guess you win some lose some.

I did get an elephant in the end but decided on a little more abstract any way. I'm nearly done, should be able to post tomorrow evening.

I'm almost done too....devd a C-41 film this evening ( had to clip test it as the chems are now getting to exhausted stage though can't complain as had about 20 films out of em!)

Results are drying at and i can see what look like useable fire engine and amusing shop name shots so all being well, like Steveo, I'll get my mosaic posted tomorrow evening.

Well I figured it was time I put this up

8754513507_8318766aba_c.jpg
[/url]
SpringTreasureHunt by Raglansurf, on Flickr[/IMG]

From top left:-

A body of water, sea, river, lake etc./Spring flower/Shadow/Shiny/A self portrait
Kiss or embrace/Man (or woman) with a beard/Books on a shelf/An elephant/Fire engine
Sunrise/Sunset/Sunbeam any kind of sun will do/A shop name you think is witty or amusing/An egg/Bridge/Weathered

Last edited:
Nice set Nick....looks familar to me the location of them joggers in the shadow shot.....the witty shop name reminds me of something too...:D:D

Nice nick. I'm afraid I fell asleep trying to get the wee man down so no progress from me.

Nice nick. I'm afraid I fell asleep trying to get the wee man down so no progress from me.

I'm afraid I fell asleep listening to the mrs so no progress from me either..:D :D

Ok so it's not true, i'm just an idle git and didn't get my butt into gear:D...always tomorrow to get scanning the last two shots....watch this space!

Bother...gotta shoot another sunrise. Nick has beaten me to it.

Nice panel though, particularly like shiny and embrace.

So how many others have a shadow of themselves for the selfy?

I think I took it as I knew I could fit it into both the 'selfy' and 'shadow' subjects. Just trying to cover all bases. The 'shiny' was pure luck though :D

Great minds... or fools differing... not sure. I've just mentally swapped mine to shadow and found a different selfy in a similar vain.

collagetp.jpg

Top to bottom, Left to right:

Sun rays
Kiss Embrace
Bridge
Spring flower
Fire engine
Elephant
Amusing shop name
Egg
Weathered
Body of water
Man with beard
Shiny
Shadow
Self portrait
Books on shelf
Spring flower

Last edited:

Spring treasure hunt by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

1 - Spring flower (cliche, my little girl)
2 -Sunset
3 - A (toy) egg
4 - A body of water- reservoir
5 - (very vintage) Fire engine
6 - A self portrait (Look closely)
7 - Bridge
8 - (White) elephant (google edinburgh trams)
9 - Weathered
10 - Man with a beard.
11 - Books on a shelf table
12 - A shop name you think is witty or amusing- Morningside Livery
13 - Shiny
14 - embrace
15 - Shadow

Great work guys, really liking Asha's man with beard and Steve's bridge and spring flower, great interpretation.

Great work guys, really liking Asha's man with beard and Steve's bridge and spring flower, great interpretation.

Cheers Nick!

Steveo....agree with Nick re the interpretation of "spring flower", also the idea behind "elephant".....brilliant!

Nice set Trevor, I really like the Sun one. Spring feels like a long long time ago now!

Cheers Nick!

Steveo....agree with Nick re the interpretation of "spring flower", also the idea behind "elephant".....brilliant!

Ooops missed these comments before. Thanks guys.
Didn't mean to be rude :)

Well done Trevor, we must be due another challenge. I'll put my thinking cap on :thinking:

Back