Squatter

cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just looked out of my window to find I have a squatter on my TV aerial !

woody11.jpg

Sorry the picture is a bit rubbish but it flew off as soon as I took one! My wife said it was a wood pigeon but I think that it flying off proves that it was actually a real pigeon. I will try and get some baby birdy pictures if I can.

I don't know anything about birds I presume that its made a nest in order to procreate!

...... a little later.......

Bob, as we have called her, returned and stayed still long enough for us to get a shot in

woody2.jpg

Damn Squatters! Leave the aerial alone for a couple of days and they take over!!! :D

All things considered, the shot came out OK IMO.

Ring-necked Dove aka Collared Dove I think.

My wife said it was a wood pigeon but I think that it flying off proves that it was actually a real pigeon.
:LOL:
Yep its a collard dove

indeed it is! a close relative of the wood pigeon :) good shots!

Sorry they are two totally seperate families
Collard Dove, Streptopelia decaocto.
Woodpigeon, Columba palumbus

Fantastic, thanks for the replies. The same pair nest around the house every year and they sound like cookoos. It is the first time that they have taken over the TV aerial though!

I will get more shots over the next few weeks as things progress...

I could possibly install a web cam as its right next to the landing window! I will try and get the baby shots when I can though.

I only have a 200mm lens and the landing window is too close to the nest to take pictures when mum (Bob) is there so I will have to take pictures from my sons room (as per the second shot) unfortunately the aerial is higher than the window so not sure what i'll do yet....

Back