squirrel with acorn (hdr)

Name
geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all just starting to play with all this hdr stuff

hdr_squirrel.jpg

c+c welcome thanks for looking

Not obviously HDR (perhaps that's a good thing!) I don't see why you would need HDR for this type of shot - there is no dynamic range to speak of...? And typically not a good idea for moving subjects!

I love HDR, it's a great tool but I would always advise somebody starting out with HDR not to make the mistake I did, and think it can be used for everything, because it can't.

Subjects I have found best suited to HDR are high contrast subjects, especially landscapes, or indoorsy stuff, also machinery, cars, trucks etc seem to be well suited, especially if there are lots of high and lowlights.

It's almost impossible to apply HDR to moving subjects like people or animals, trees blowing in the wind have ruined many a lovely landscape for me when I've tried to use HDR. The best approach for moving subjects is to tonemap a single image, or create at least 3 tiff files from a single RAW image and convert and merge them to HDR, aiming to make sure the original image is as good an image as can be. :)

Not everybody will be positive towards HDR when you share your work but don't let that put you off, do what you enjoy.:)

thanks for all your comments will take all advice i can get still being a newb to everything thanks :)

Back