St Mary's Lighthouse Northumberland

There is a lot going on in that shot, Peter. A great deal of sea movement that is violent and impressive (it reaches right up close to the photographer). The composition is good - actually very good. Possibly worth a look at boosting conrrtast/levels. However, it is a damned good shot.

I like this image, but my personal thoughts are only that if it were me, I would have liked the whole depth of field to be in focus...as said, its only my personal thought....but love it!

Love the crop and the texture of the sea. It really conveys the violence of the sea.

That is an excellent photograph, captures the essence of a light house really well. If you look on the Trinity House website
http://www.trinityhouse.co.uk/
The competition for the calender photographs is now running with a prize for the winner, and a chance for the photograph to go in the 2015 calendar. Being the captain of a Trinity House chartered vessel I think the picture is really very good and represents what a lighthouse is used for, the safety of seafarers.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. Will have a go at adjusting the contrast .
Thanks

I like this image, but my personal thoughts are only that if it were me, I would have liked the whole depth of field to be in focus...as said, its only my personal thought....but love it!

I agree with this but as I suspect the focal length of the lens has something to do with the Dof. I would like to see a less compressed version though.

liking this a lot

Really great shots, i live just down the road from here and never have i seen so much swell around the lighthouse.

One of my favourite photography places, love the shot you have taken, very envious.

Love the shot....but the foreground seascape does not look real......Might be my eyes of course but it looks too symmetrical or repetitive in pattern unlike natural waves closer to the light house....

I still love the composition though and the shot itself....well done.

Back