Critique St Mary's Lighthouse

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a quick visit down here the other day on my way along to see my folks.

All taken with a Canon 550D + Sigma 10-20 - 77mm ND8 + Circ polariser + Stacked ND2 & ND4 Cokin grads.

All very "samey" but enough variation in them to warrant posting them as a set IMO.

Comments welcomed :)

Thanks

Nick

Lovely colours (although there's a purple cast at the top of the images - is this from your filter?) and the composition is quite good with some foreground interest and good textures (especially in number 2), but I'm finding the lighthouse itself to be a bit lost.

Lovely colours (although there's a purple cast at the top of the images - is this from your filter?) and the composition is quite good with some foreground interest and good textures (especially in number 2), but I'm finding the lighthouse itself to be a bit lost.
It will be from my filters yeah, im a bit colourblind so tend not to notice the cast :-( its from stacked cokin ND grads
I've been down here a few times and i tend to agree the lighthouse can look a bit lost, its a strange one as you cant move back and use a longer focal length as the beach is tiny lol :)

Back