St Pauls

fraggle101

Not a mermaid
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, first time out in the snow so went into the City.. Guess what? there was no snow!! oh well..

was quite happy with this one, not my normal style though..

DSC_1116-Edit_17-Edit_18-Edit_19-Ed.jpg

Not the normal view . But i quite like it the phone box adds something to the image for me anyway..

Nice mate

md

Tony

Nice one mate I really like that, I like the comp and it works well with the phone box...

Do I sense a little HDR or contrast masking????

Nicely done mate...

Nigel

I like this very nice lighting (y)

Thanks guys..

Your quite right Nigel! this was 7 images blended in Photomatix, iv tried not to make it ott and im not the greatest HDR operator im afraid.. :LOL:

I really like, as said, the phone box really completes the picture.

Sorry to disagree with the flow but it looks like something from monty pythons Terry Gillium, the front part with the phone box,lightposts and front of the building look fantastic, such clear crisp detail but then the dome and sky are like put in from differant cuttings, sorry mate! maybe im grumpy because i cant get out of the house yet?

A real beauty :cool:

I adore London, really must get get back there this year!

Stunning shot! For some reason it has a film set feel, which I like :)

Looks like something from Dr Who ( the old series)

Sorry to disagree with the flow but it looks like something from monty pythons Terry Gillium, the front part with the phone box,lightposts and front of the building look fantastic, such clear crisp detail but then the dome and sky are like put in from differant cuttings, sorry mate! maybe im grumpy because i cant get out of the house yet?

Not a problem mate! we all have a different taste.. im not a great fan of HDR, i thought id just have a go.. it only about my third time!..

The place is always lit up like that.. the main part of the building looks different to the dome, i think is because the dome is made of lead or something..

Thanks for the honesty..

aidan..the dome is always lit up,i believe[and i'm sure tony can confirm this].

just get out man...it's only snow :LOL:

Yup.. Confirmed! :D

Cracking HDR shot! Well done.

I love that!

A real beauty :cool:

I adore London, really must get get back there this year!

Stunning shot! For some reason it has a film set feel, which I like :)

I hanent noticed, but now you mention it.. :cool:

I really like that shot, the phone box makes it for me..

Thats what I thought.. i wanted a nice piture of the place but wanted some other interest in with it..

Looks like something from Dr Who ( the old series)

Cool! i can live with that!!

Super image (y)

Thanks very much ot everyone that has commented.. i think im going to try a few more HDR's..

Cracking shot Fraggle. Two comments/observations:-
1. If there was snow on the ground, it would have been even more cracking and a wall hanger shot.
2. If you chanhed your white balance to remove the orangy sky colour, it probably wouldn't look stuck on as Zeddicus post mentions.

I am no expert but I really like your photo !

It looks good enough to hang on a wall if you ask me. I think the traditional telephone box adds that little extra of britishness to it - well done.

It's a brilliant shot Tony, full of drama. Did you get arrested or hassled by security while taking it?

edit: Iain you beat me to it by seconds!

Last edited:
Wow.. revived! lol..

Cracking shot Fraggle. Two comments/observations:-
1. If there was snow on the ground, it would have been even more cracking and a wall hanger shot.
2. If you chanhed your white balance to remove the orangy sky colour, it probably wouldn't look stuck on as Zeddicus post mentions.

i know what you mean, but im sure that would have an impact on the colours of the final shot, im not as good with Ps3 as you matey! lol..

I would be happy with this photo aswell, well done m8

Really like it and in my opinion a well processed HDR shot(y)

I am no expert but I really like your photo !

It looks good enough to hang on a wall if you ask me. I think the traditional telephone box adds that little extra of britishness to it - well done.

Thanks very much, im pleased you all like it!

Great photograph, you didn't get stopped by the police then!!

It's a brilliant shot Tony, full of drama. Did you get arrested or hassled by security while taking it?

edit: Iain you beat me to it by seconds!

No probs at all! i think it was too cold for em to bother! lol.. i dont think its these locations they are too bothered about, i think deeper into the financial district could have attracted more attention!

Back