Stained Glass & Reflection

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
No
Finally managed to get out this afternoon - as far as one of our local churches - been meaning to try something like this for a while, and quite pleased with the way this turned out.

Stained Glass Window, St Mary the Virgin, Silchester:

10332786193_45d38542e9_k.jpg

c & c welcome.

A beautiful window and a beautiful image, very well exposed and composed image.

hi Iain
that is a great shot and with good colour in the reflection
minimise the lower window cill and take a bit off the top to remove the ceiling detail and darkness
where was it taken...the walls look very interesting in the wet mortar design of flowers..if that is what it is..just guessing
cheers
geoff

Thanks for the comments, appreciated.

Geoff, I'll have a go at cropping as you suggest. Its in Silchester Church, sited within the walls of the Roman Town of Silchester (Calleva Atrebatum) on the border of Hampshire and West Berkshire. The church guide says that "In the chancel are wonderfully preserved 13th century wall paintings, both on the wall and the deeply recessed window openings. These paintings probably date to the original building of the chancel around 1230. The design is of flowers amid a pattern of masonry rectangles outlined red ochre"

Thanks again, Iain

Thanks for the comments, appreciated.

Geoff, I'll have a go at cropping as you suggest. Its in Silchester Church, sited within the walls of the Roman Town of Silchester (Calleva Atrebatum) on the border of Hampshire and West Berkshire. The church guide says that "In the chancel are wonderfully preserved 13th century wall paintings, both on the wall and the deeply recessed window openings. These paintings probably date to the original building of the chancel around 1230. The design is of flowers amid a pattern of masonry rectangles outlined red ochre"

Thanks again, Iain

thanks Iain
i am into medieval history just now and that is a bit of info i can research
cheers
geoff
ps...the crop is just my idea...

i like that shot the balance of exposure is spot on and lovely colours welcome to tp from another berkshire member (y)

Back