Stanced white mx5 miata

Name
Slater
Edit My Images
Yes
A pic of a friends white mx5 when we went out to do some shots....before & after a play on photoshop!!

I prefer un-edited but i'll let you talk amongst yourselfs and decide what you think. Taken with a eos 1000d :canon: & 28-80mm EF lens and circular polarizing filter to reduce glare & shadows, i think this has come out well,

here you go.

#1 --- original

mx5 original by Slater O'Brien Photography, on Flickr

#2 --- edited

mx5 edited by Slater O'Brien Photography, on Flickr

opinions/criticism, all feedback welcome & appreciated

:)

Well, they're both not bad. I find the tree through the cockpit a bit distracting, and a little less foreground would suit me more.

Hello Slater, welcome to the forum!
This doesnt work for me I'm afraid, its not the processing but more the composition of the photograph. Let me expand:

The white car against the white blown sky is harsh on the eye.
There seems to be more foreground than car.
I like the low angle you've taken but there is a tree in the centre of the car and its windscreen.

Sorry if that sounds over critical but it is as I see it.

Iain

I find the sky a little blown, and takes the detail away from the front of the bonnet.

thats just my opinion though

are those Weller Steelies? I like them whatever they are.

Not a fan of slammed 5's but onto the photos: For me the edit works better due to the blown sky and the brightly lit brick buildings to the left being quite distracting.

Just my opinion.

Nick.

Well, they're both not bad. I find the tree through the cockpit a bit distracting, and a little less foreground would suit me more.

Hi, thankss, that was my only concern ther was a certain amount of tree which i was able to move out of frame but i moved what i could, it is annoying to me but i find that with it being positioned wher it is it isnt as noticeable as maybe some of the others i got from the day. I did 3, one with the car at the bottom, middle & top ( this one) and this worked the best as an image with it drawing you in, well , thats my thoughts anyway but i put it up to here yours, so thankyou :)

are those Weller Steelies? I like them whatever they are.

Not a fan of slammed 5's but onto the photos: For me the edit works better due to the blown sky and the brightly lit brick buildings to the left being quite distracting.

Just my opinion.

Nick.

Hi nick, nope, they're bullit steels but they are very nice though, they're off now though as it has its "winter" wheels on...

I understand, i wasnt too sure when he told me how low & was extremely surprised when he said it can go lower!!! was just too much hassle + he wouldnt have been able to get it over the speedbump at entrance of location, he drove it there then lowered it to this.

But i do prefer the edited like you.

Thanks nick,

Slater

Hello Slater, welcome to the forum!
This doesnt work for me I'm afraid, its not the processing but more the composition of the photograph. Let me expand:

The white car against the white blown sky is harsh on the eye.
There seems to be more foreground than car.
I like the low angle you've taken but there is a tree in the centre of the car and its windscreen.

Sorry if that sounds over critical but it is as I see it.

Iain

Hi iain, thankss. i see, well everyone has there own opinion and i fully respect that.

It was diffucult trying to get a good image from this angle due to weather conditions although out of all this seems to have worked the best for me, i wasnt sure with the foreground but thought it was nice for drawing you into the image its self and making the car "pop" a bit more...tree was totally my fault, i wont make excuses i completely forgot about it whilst taking the images.

No it isnt too harsh or critical i understand fully what you mean & where you are coming from, thankyou, i need to hear what i am doing wrong & what i can improve on for next time!!

Slater

I prefer the unedited version!

has that been air'd? looks insane! love the tuck!

I prefer the unedited version!

has that been air'd? looks insane! love the tuck!

Hi neil, Thnakss.

Nope, its just on adjustable coilovers, it scrapes when he drives it & it will go loweer aswell which i found hard to believe until he showed me!! :O The tuck is partly because of his camber setup & partly because of the suspension pushing dow on the car due to how low it was sitting for the shoot

Slater

Hi neil, Thnakss.

Nope, its just on adjustable coilovers, it scrapes when he drives it & it will go loweer aswell which i found hard to believe until he showed me!! :O The tuck is partly because of his camber setup & partly because of the suspension pushing dow on the car due to how low it was sitting for the shoot

Slater

That's brilliant!

Dread to see the condition of his sump!

:LOL:

yeah i wouldnt mind either, i scrapes a good'un, his attitude was the best ever,

his quote "If it cracks/breaks, i'll weld it, and if i cant weld it then i got plenty of filler in my garage" :D :LOL: good man, he's a bodyshop worker anyway so doesnt really bother him which i was quite surprised at!!

yeah i wouldnt mind either, i scrapes a good'un, his attitude was the best ever,

his quote "If it cracks/breaks, i'll weld it, and if i cant weld it then i got plenty of filler in my garage" :D :LOL: good man, he's a bodyshop worker anyway so doesnt really bother him which i was quite surprised at!!

that's brilliant!

:LOL:

that's why I really want air over coilies (which are being fitted tomorrow - D'oh!)

all the lows when parked up yet all the luxury of rolling high!

Why what you got?? my dads more function over form all that sort of stuff ect, thats one of the advantages with my dad owning a 4wd rally car hehe :LOL:

i dont mind either, when they come together properly & work well its perfect!! But i love the modern day tuning scene yet also its nice just for a nice, pure adrenaline rush down some of our nice Lincolnshire lanes hehe

Oh the one on your sig?? that looks rather cool, (would have said "smart" but that would be silly) yeah that looks quite coool, air is good but its just so expensive & especially if it goes wrong, altough if the times comes when you do, talk to HAVAIR.

I think he needs to get the suspension sorted out... it looks terrible low. Are the shocks ok on it?

Bl**dy hell thats low!! Great choice of car though :D

The photo's just a snap shot though really isn't it.. Is the tree growing through it? :)

Bl**dy hell thats low!! Great choice of car though :D

The photo's just a snap shot though really isn't it.. Is the tree growing through it? :)

yeah sure is, just sat on coilovers. How do you mean "snap shot" it was a properly setup shoot with 3 cars,i know there is but that is purely my fault for not noticing the tree before taking the pic & due to where i asked the owner to position it. :)

Last edited:
I think he needs to get the suspension sorted out... it looks terrible low. Are the shocks ok on it?

It is a daily driver but it being this low is just for looks & shows, not always ran this low, but not far off, but i suppose its all down to taste, and personally i love it, although with jamies past car history it is to be expected.

Yes the shocks are okay, it has adjustable coilovers on it

Slater2101 said:
It is a daily driver but it being this low is just for looks & shows, not always ran this low, but not far off, but i suppose its all down to taste, and personally i love it, although with jamies past car history it is to be expected.

Yes the shocks are okay, it has adjustable coilovers on it

Yeah I was "extracting the urine" mate. In jest only of course. :)

Wow, that's lowered. I used to have a white one too, lowered with koni suspension but not that low. It must really bottom out over the bumps..?

Anyway, I agree that the tree is a bit strange in the composition and also that a white car is best not photographed against a white sky but guess that can be hard this time of year!

Wow, that's lowered. I used to have a white one too, lowered with koni suspension but not that low. It must really bottom out over the bumps..?

Anyway, I agree that the tree is a bit strange in the composition and also that a white car is best not photographed against a white sky but guess that can be hard this time of year!

Yeah it is, ooh cool. Yeah jay goes mad on stuff like that but this only set on its show stance, it isnt kept this low for daily but yes it does scrape quite a bit.

Yeah it is, my fault. It was my fault for getting the owner to position it here without checking properly before hand

Back