standard ND filters: where and which?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All.

I have got a Lee holder system plus grad ND.
Now I would like to buy some standard ND.
The discussion about the brand is clear, I would like ot make a decision on a ratio quality/price.

At the moment I would go for the option 1, but I do not know if iCan find a better price for the Lee ND. Cannot find any on CAlumet neither any set.

1)Hitech

2)Lee filters from Morco

3)Cokin

Which density would you suggest?

Thank you

As I am on the lookout too:

I have been told to go for the Lee ProGlass 0.6 as a first ND, This will out perform just about anything else on the market.

If you know anybody that has been to Lakeland Photographic Holidays then you could get it for £84

We are happy to spend thousands on a lens (or two) but we will put just about anything in front of it

If you want a nd filter for slowing down exposures, you may as well get the 3 stop Lee one. This is the one I have and have no complaints over image quality. After all it's the same stuff the nd grads are made from.

unfortunately not. anyone who could buy them for me?

There is a very real chance I will be puttiing an order in sometime soon, through a friend, I have been watching a few sets of Lee ND Grads on the bay and they are selling for about thhe same price as I can buy them for new, the only catch is that the last I heard is there is a bit waiting time on Lee orders at the moment

Thanks guys, I agree maybe the 0.9 could be more appropriate to have a more visible effect, what do you think?

Thanks guys, I agree maybe the 0.9 could be more appropriate to have a more visible effect, what do you think?

Go for the 0.6 & 0.9 , both worth having in your kit bag.(y)

I use this company, they just updated site as well with photos of the items.
But they are the cheapest for lee filters and free delivery. Also very fast service as well.

http://www.studiokitdirect.co.uk/Home.htm

Unfortunatly I dont see the proglass ND listed there but maybe its worth a call tomorrow as their Grad set is the same price as I was expecting to pay.

Thank You

Yes there are, but exactly same price £109 and is the 4th shop!

Cheers Max

I will drop you a line when/if I order the ND ProGlass.

I may well get the ND Grad set from StudioKitdirect

Cheers

Karl

I did have the pro glass one and dropped it! It shattered to bits easy, so went for the resin as a replacement. never noticed a difference TBH

This is interest as well. I am really unsure if better to buy a Proglass 0.9ND or 0.6 and 0.9 resin ND.

Any experience?
I could not find any comparison

Cheers Max

I will drop you a line when/if I order the ND ProGlass.

I may well get the ND Grad set from StudioKitdirect

Cheers

Karl

The ND Grad set is superb (I bought the soft grads 0.3, 0.6, 0.9) from studio kit direct. Lees are difficault to get hold of at the moment, especially at Warehouse Express but paid £139.99, £2 cheaper and WEX don't have stock

This is interest as well. I am really unsure if better to buy a Proglass 0.9ND or 0.6 and 0.9 resin ND.

Any experience?
I could not find any comparison

YES glass ones break easily if dropped !!!!!!
Sorry couldn't resist.
C

Back