Star trails

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a go at star trails earlier in the week, This was the second attempt, 120 thirty second exposures stacked in "Star Staxs" Tried to get the pole star behind the top of the old wind pump tower, the tower was lit up from time to time by passing cars coming from down the hill.

Second attempt at Star Trails by nigel.conniford, on Flickr

Nige

Nice idea, can't help but wonder if the tip of the tower should be at the pole but that might not have been possible or even desirable...

Good effort, but same as the above post for me. Also was it stacked in comet blending mode as the trails look like they are getting lighter/brighter as the stacking goes on. Personally prefer non comet mode stacking myself. Always good to see a star trail though :)

Thanks for the feedback, was a little bit pushed for time, I totally agree next time I shall try and get the point of the tower or the pole star, the only problem is at this place its quite close to the road and moving spots means getting more car headlights coming across at lighting the camera and tripod up. Also shall try non-comet mode next time, again thanks for the input :)

Nige

Wow, love this. Agree with sirch though, would have been better with the pole at the top of the mast, see what you can do :) I thought I preferred the non comet versions, however your photo is swaying my decision a bit. Good job! I'm going out for my first star trail attempt on Tuesday night, so you've given me something to aim for!

Back