Starburst Poppy

Love this, awesome and :agree:

Great stuff (y)

There is a bit of a halo around the petals, from the processing maybe? And the sky looks a little noisy, but this might be my laptop ;)

I see it's at f8. Did you try it at a smaller aperture too? It would have given a more pronounced starburst. Not sure if it would have improved the image though!

Love it. Right up my street :)

Thanks for all the replies. Really appreciate that and glad you liked it. I hadn't given any thought to the lower f stop increasing the effect of the sun burst. I must give that a try.

On my original posting the poppy was much tighter in the frame. I actually increased the canvas and cloned some background so the image shown here is actually a repost. Apologies about that.

Thanks again.

Simon

I hadn't given any thought to the lower f stop increasing the effect of the sun burst. I must give that a try.

I called it a starburst :wacky: But you know what I meant!

I think I'm right in saying the tighter aperture can give sharper points to the burst. I believe some lenses react differently to others in this respect? :shrug:

I think it would make a very effective poster base for Rememberance Day.

Love the effect, but would have preferred the sun moved slightly to the right. Would make a great poster image.

Thanks again for all the feedback. Had never thought of selling my images as stock photos. Can you advise of the best way to do this. Just interested to know . Thanks.

Awesome image. That would look great as a HUGE poster!!!

Back