Starling Sunset

Two good images, I like the silhouette effect and the colours apart from the murmuration :)

There are just fabulous. Would love to see this happen. As kids you used to see this all the time.

Gaz

Agree both lovely images and colours on both.

I think that first one stands out by a gazillion - absolutely stunning; colours, composition, one of those photos you say 'I wish I'd taken that!' :)

Number 1 for me, both have great colour! The only thing about number 1 is I feel it's tipping ever so slightly down to the left but hey that might just be my eyes! :thinking:

Don't know my left from my right! lol

Last edited:
Double post sorry.

Last edited:
I'm a landscape tog, but you've nailed this. Lovely, bright and colourful with such lovely tones. The birds create a wonderful sense of chaos in what is otherwise a calm and serene scene. The tones and coliurs are to die for

Superb light and interesting sight. I like really like both. Maybe the second one will work too if you crop the bottom part of the picture. It's stunning how the murmuration (using gramp's technical word) has taken the shape of the jetty.

Such loely colours in your 1st one. Have to say...have you looked at it in B&W?? I know the colours are great be the silhouettes could look spectacular B&W.

Just an idea :)

thank you folks, i am so chuffed with these, i really surprised myself how well they came out, it was bbc cymru photo of the day yesterday and will be in daily post postcards from wales on sunday, the 2 folks in the image on the pier have found it & hopefully interested in buying a copy of this printed..........this was my first outing with the sigma 70-200 F2.8 OS must say its an amazing lens & obviously helped me to get this shot.

Daz

thank you folks, i am so chuffed with these,
Daz
And you should be , both fabulous shots, love the atmosphere and the people in the shots add something extra, very,very good.

edit to add....second one is by far the best, it has the foreground interest that the first does not have, a truly good shot of nature , you should be very pleased with that shot, very pleased.

Last edited:
Back