Station Hotel Ribblehead

I think the larger version on Flickr looks a lot better, the version here doesn't show the detail you captured and the viaduct gets a bit lost in the background. Your other shots of the viaduct on Flickr are amazing.

I like Mick but I think it could have a tiny bit more contrast which would darken it and give the impression of gathering dusk it would also highlight the hotel lights. I'd maybe crop it a little and take off a bit of the back hill.

Thanks you all for taking time to reply and all comments taken on board.

I think your spot on David about the detail being lost in the background didn't noticed it myself at first but now you have pointed it out I can see what you mean.

thanks Nick re photos on Flickr and I will have a go at what you suggest Jim see if I can bring the focus in a little with a crop and push the contrast up a little.

Thanks again

I like this also Mick.
I agree that it maybe needs a bit more contrast, but I disagree that it should be cropped. More of the hill, dwarfing the buildings, would be good imho. Of course, I don't know what else would be revealed by expanding the view.

Having photographed this location a few times I am really impressed by the viewpoint. It is a great picture. Pity so many cars in the carpark. I certainly would not crop it.

Back