Steven & Rebecca - wedding

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a busy weekend with weddings two days on the trot. Fridays was at Pendley Manor in Tring where they had some fireworks to finish off the night. i've never shot fireworks before so it was a bit of a challenge :D to not only get the fireworks but also Steven & Rebecca. I think it all worked out and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Here are just a few with more on the blog

1 Rebecca caught in a shaft of sunlight in the church
Steven-Rebecca-22.jpg

Steven-Rebecca-30.jpg

Steven-Rebecca-31.jpg

Steven-Rebecca-39.jpg

Well done Colin. Love 'em!

Thanks all!

Great spot of the light for the first one that is a simply brilliant photo. How did you go shooting two days in a row? I've never had this (well not two weddings) but will do in June so just curious.

Mark, thanks for the comments. You just need to do a little bit more planning and take plenty of caffeine! As soon as you get in from the first one stick your camera batteries on charge as well as any other batteries you will need. Download your cards, check the files and back them up as per usual. Drink plenty of water and have Nurofen in the bag for aches and pains! :D

Looked at the blog Colin, fabulous set, really enjoy your style of wedding photography.

jeff

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate it.

As always i love looking at your images and think you leave some of the nicest ones on the blog, so have a look everyone, its worth the visit. The shot in the light of the bride is wedding magazine standard, absolutely stunning. Did it take alot of processing after to darken out the church?
as always huge (y) from my direction :)

Thank you Louise. The shot of the bride in the shaft of light is more or less out of camera, the church was quite dark and by exposing for lightest part of the very white dress in direct sun meant that everything else came out very dark (hope that makes sense!). This was taken just after the ceremony as I had noticed this one spot of light so I took Rebecca back in for a minute or so.

Thanks again for the comments! (y)

Love the 1st image and the 3rd Colin..:clap:

But for myself the last one looks a little like a cut and paste..:shake: I know its down to how you took it but thats my honest thought.

Regards MD(y)

Love the 1st image and the 3rd Colin..:clap:

But for myself the last one looks a little like a cut and paste..:shake: I know its down to how you took it but thats my honest thought.

Regards MD(y)

Cheers Dave, obviously it wasn't a cut'n'paste :LOL: but the couple were lit with a flash and Demb Flip-it, shutter speed was around 1/30th to get the fireworks and rear curatin synch was used.

Great set. #1 is beautiful.

Thanks Rikki. (y)

Don't normally comment on wedding photography but gotta say Colin,that first shot is beautiful.

Whilst all of them are easily up to your usual high standard the first one is just stunning.

Ref 3 was that shot on an extended monopod with a remote or was it a well positioned balcony? Either way, great idea!

DemiLion said:
Whilst all of them are easily up to your usual high standard the first one is just stunning.

Ref 3 was that shot on an extended monopod with a remote or was it a well positioned balcony? Either way, great idea!

Agree with what's already Been said, a very strong set and some great ones on the blog.

One tiny niggle is the first one, love the shot, but I would burn the couple of bright leaves a bit and also darken the bright patch on the arm.

Thanks

Matt

Last edited:

Thanks Mark, this one was taken from a balcony with the light camera right on a lower landing.

Agree with what's already Been said, a very strong set and some great ones on the blog.

One tiny niggle is the first one, love the shot, but I would burn the couple of bright leaves a bit and also darken the bright patch on the arm.

Thanks

Matt

Cheers Matt, I had already re-visited this one and whilst I haven't done the leaves I have toned down the veil over the arm.

Before & After:

Steven-Rebecca-22.jpg
Steven-Rebecca-22a.jpg

Back