Stolen: Nikon D7000 & 24-70

Name
Sir will do
Edit My Images
No
Just to alert you all, on Monday evening 29/7 my home has been burgled. Amongst the extensive loot taken was also my Nikon D7000 with Nikon 24-70 f2.8 and black rapid rs7 attached. They dropped the rubber eye cup of the camera. A 64 Gb Sandisk extreme Pro sd card was inserted in the camera.

Nikon D7000 - serial number 6132454
Nikon 24-70 f2.8 - serial number 396540

No boxes were taken, I still have the originals.

I appreciate it if you see or hear about this combination and please inform either myself or Bedfordshire police.

Thanks
JP

Terrible news, sorry to hear that - can't imagine how it feels.

Yes everything was insured, insurance people will come round this week. Hopefully everything will work out.

Thanks for the messages.

Sorry to hear this, people who think they can just come and take your stuff make me sick.

Terrible news. Hope everything gets sorted for you.

The law/courts are no way tough enough, even if they're caught. I know what i'd do if I could!!!!

Feel sorry for you pal. Heop things work out and they catch the B*****ds.
Nothing worse than the feeling that someone has pilfered through your home.

Thanks for all the kind words...

What is even more sickening is the knowledge that they wont get anything near the value of it.

I'm not too bothered about the material loss and value, luckily there was only one irreplaceable piece of jewellery taken, but it is the impact of it on our lives and family. I would love for them to be caught and I would really want a serious chat with them. Not that I'm under the illusion that it does any good, but it would make me feel better to be able to look in their cowardly eyes...

I often look in the 2nd hand cabinets of the 2 dealers in town so if I spot a D7000 or a 24-70, I'll check the numbers. I know one of said dealers has neither item in the cabinet but didn't visit the other this morning (already spent this month's fun money!)

thanks appreciated that Nod :)

Sorry to hear this news, I'd hate for any of my gear to get taken. Just recently sold my favourite lens for a low price and that feels bad enough so really feel for you :(

I'll keep my eyes and ears out for anything like this popping up. If I hear anything I'll PM you.

Don't want to lecture but please improve your security, most houses burgled are re-visited unfortunately.
Personally I'd sleep downstairs for a while with a baseball bat in my hands

Last edited:
Don't want to lecture but please improve your security, most houses burgled are re-visited unfortunately.
Personally I'd sleep downstairs for a while with a baseball bat in my hands

I think that is a total overreaction unless I'm missing something. Why would the revisit so soon. They've taken everything of value already. Well except the cars but we've had those recoded yesterday so the spares are useless now other than giving away our vin number ;)

Now if you said in the months to come, it is suggested for the value of the loot they took about six month, then yes absolutely. Security will be upgraded unfortunately.

But I won't let them get us down and live our lie around it. It's our family home. In fact we've decided to accelerate our refurbishment and make it more so our home.

Wasn't trying to put you down pal, just wouldn't wanna see it happen again.

Wasn't trying to put you down pal, just wouldn't wanna see it happen again.

I know and didn't take it like that, apologies if it came across like that. It's just that it is very easy to let it take over your life, ultimately they've just taken stuff (although I still find taken my children's passport and not our a bit creepy but we haven't told our children that) and the children are a bit scared.

Me sleeping downstairs with a baseball bat, I've got two Louisville sluggers from my days of being a pitchers at the Dutch national youth team :), isn't going to help anyone. Security most definitely will be upgraded, it will be zoned now, new easier to use control panel, blah blah. Also CCTV will be integrated. And we are contemplating of finally getting those gates instead of open access to our driveway (house is setback a little). Shame, but I guess sign of times unfortunately.

Loads of security lights back n front is a good deterrent too. (y)

Hi JP, really sorry to hear that. I'm in Bedfordshire too, will keep my eyes and ears open!
Its bad enough that you have been burgled but that is disgusting that they also stole your children's passports. Utter scum!

I think youve got a great attitude for not letting this incident effect your lives. Nice one :)

Fingers xed they catch them.

cheers
os

I think that is a total overreaction unless I'm missing something. Why would the revisit so soon. They've taken everything of value already.

A friend was broken into and the family's computers, X-boxes etc taken. The thieves returned a week later and took the replacements... It happens, and it happens often.

digital said:
A friend was broken into and the family's computers, X-boxes etc taken. The thieves returned a week later and took the replacements... It happens, and it happens often.

Sadly this has happened to my friends in leeds too. Horrible.

Hard to believe that an insurance company paid up within a week!!! I know that a return fixture can happen but usually after enough time for insurance to have been sorted.

To the OP, hope they catch the scrotes and you get your stuff back or failing that, that your insurers deal with you quickly and fairly.

Sorry to hear about your burglary and the loss of your equipment. If I was you I would ask the police if their system uploads the serial numbers to the National Mobile Property Register. This way, if they are ever recovered elsewhere or the serial numbers are checked by a 2nd hand dealer (some do) then at least it will reflect as stolen. I would also suggest you register your equipment that is replaced on www.immobilise.com

Hard to believe that an insurance company paid up within a week!!!

I can assure you they did. And that my friend had been able to get the stolen items replaced within the week.

I know that a return fixture can happen but usually after enough time for insurance to have been sorted.

The police said it wasn't unusual.

Obviously camera & lens boxes aren't usually put out, but some of these scrotes tour round looking for TV boxes/packaging which has been put outside homes, for council waste collections.

Back