Stonehaven Reflections

Very nice landscape/seascape style capture Mike, liking this pic' very much.

Nice shot! How does it work in B&W?

Now, if you've visited Stonehaven, you might possibly be able to help me (or anyone else, for that matter). Many, many years ago I worked with a guy from Stonehaven, who insisted it should be pronounced "Steenhive". I have never, in all these years, been able to find out if that's right, or was he just winding us up - he was a bit of a practical joker.

They just do. I find it hard, personally, take even take pictures like this because of parked cars - even though I love cars.

If those cars were horse & carriage, would you feel the same?

What if they were Veteran (pre 1904] cars? Or Vintage?

Now, if you've visited Stonehaven, you might possibly be able to help me (or anyone else, for that matter). Many, many years ago I worked with a guy from Stonehaven, who insisted it should be pronounced "Steenhive". I have never, in all these years, been able to find out if that's right, or was he just winding us up - he was a bit of a practical joker.
My Grandad used to call it Steenhive.
I recently posted a photo on Fb and said it was taken in Steenhive.
Quite a few asked where it was and it looked very much like Stonehaven :LOL:
I suppose this is another example of the local dialect being diluted over the generations

I like that, the parked cars annoy me with scenes like this, but what can you do. Good work
Just give it thirty years or so and people will be poring over the photo saying

'Isn't that an Audi A3? My father had one of those'

'Your father? My grandad had one. Are you really that old?'

:)
Talking of cars - There was a lovely Lamborghini Urus parked nearby.
Unfortunately it drove off by the time I got round to the other end of the harbour.
Not too sure of the colour though :thinking:

Stonehaven 5 by Mike Stephen, on Flickr

I went for a dramatic mono conversion.
I quite like it ;)

Coast 33 by Mike Stephen, on Flickr

My Grandad used to call it Steenhive.
I recently posted a photo on Fb and said it was taken in Steenhive.
Quite a few asked where it was and it looked very much like Stonehaven :LOL:
I suppose this is another example of the local dialect being diluted over the generations

Excellent - thank you.

Really like the B&W version, great conversion

Back