Storm Surge in East Yorkshire

Name
Dave Tucker
Edit My Images
Yes
On the 5th of December the East Coast of Yorkshire, along with many other areas suffered a "huge" Storm Surge. The effects where devastating to the Spurn Point Nature reserve, and it is simply a matter of time until the North Sea claims much of the surrounding area. In this photo it clearly shows the cliffs, which have been washed away.

More photos on my blog: http://eastcoastandbeyond.co.uk

Regards
Dave

Our weather is just getting crazy lately, kinda scary really and such a shame places like this are going to be gone soon

There's a lot to be said for living in a cave half way up a hill like I do.

til your cave fills with water

they look more like sand dunes / berm to me

The dunes in St Andrews are way higher than those appear to be.

Has this "storm thingy" been over-egged?

Last edited:
there is an issue if the point breaches , as it will lose the salt marsh behind - so far that's not happened , but it will if storm surges like that occur more regularly (cliffs are a red herring though)

but doesn't water run down from above , and drip into the cave (that's how those big pointy stalagmite things form)

Also you are still at risk from flooding when you head to the low lands to raid villages for women and sheep (one to BBQ and one to breed with ;) )

He's still tryin tae wurk oot a thread on compooters!

eh well they've only got that electrickery nonsense in his cave so long as someone pedals the bicycle that's attached to the dynamo

but doesn't water run down from above , and drip into the cave (that's how those big pointy stalagmite things form)

Also you are still at risk from flooding when you head to the low lands to raid villages for women and sheep (one to BBQ and one to breed with ;) )

No, no. I'm so mental the water is frightened to enter my cave. As for the wimmin and sheep, they damn well do as they are told and attend the cave when I shout at them todo so, thus enabling me to avoid such risks. As for BBQ and breeding, both species are good for either.:)

Hi only a few years ago they where at least 15 foot high and the tide as all but washed them away, quite dramatic"..I used to sit on the top of them ,

Evocative shot that captures the feel of the weather at the moment!!

Back