Stormy Fishing - Aberystwyth

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd share this photo I took last week when in Aberystwyth.
Wet and rainy day with choppy seas, ended up splashing up and over the pier while the guys were fishing.View attachment 42181

Because ypu weren't able to catch a wave crashing, there's not a lot of interest on the right hand side of the image.
For that reason alone I think you could crop a good portion off the image and still leave yourself with very nice square comp.

Quite like the processing, but it's made the handrails quite prominent in the middle of the image. I agree with Ruth, either a crop or add a shark fin :D

I like the use of negative space on the right but think you could get rid of some on top so it becomes between a 2:1 to a 2.5:1 crop. Like the high key look too.

Last edited:
The edit is definitely on the right path imo.
The removal of the rail needs to be done a little more "sensitively" for a final image, I'd say :)

I like the use of negative space on the right but think you could get rid of some on top so it becomes between a 2:1 and 2.5:1 crop. Like the high key look too.
Thanks Ross, I like the idea of the 2:1 crop

The edit is definitely on the right path imo.
The removal of the rail needs to be done a little more "sensitively" for a final image, I'd say :)

I shouldn't have done it in a rush haha. Second attempt below showing a few different crops and hopefully better handrail removal.

Back