Street Life

I like the style of these shots Rufus, sort of a fifties feel to them, all a reall natural unposed feel to them. Great timing in the first shot. I like the first and last overall.

No I decided the site isn't for me unfortunately.
Some nice people in the short time I've been here but also some not so nice ones :)
Have learnt a bit over the last few days so thanks for that.
I'd have deleted the account but not sure you can ?

No I decided the site isn't for me unfortunately.
Some nice people in the short time I've been here but also some not so nice ones :)
Have learnt a bit over the last few days so thanks for that.
I'd have deleted the account but not sure you can ?

That's a shame fella, lots of nice people on here, don't be put of by the few idiots we attract

Les ;)

Thats a shame. Why let the not so nice ones get to you?? Unfortunately, you get it everywhere on the internet. Too many keyboard warriors that wouldnt dream of speaking to someone face to face in the same manner as they bravely type something.

Hope you reconsider.

Cheers

Nick

Thats a shame. Why let the not so nice ones get to you?? Unfortunately, you get it everywhere on the internet. Too many keyboard warriors that wouldnt dream of speaking to someone face to face in the same manner as they bravely type something.

Hope you reconsider.

Cheers

Nick

well said Nick

The thing is, no one has been horrible to him. He's thrown his dummy out the pram because a couple of members critiqued one of his pics in a way he disagreed with. If we all did that there would be no one here.

Shame you're not adult enough to take it on the chin and use the advice offered to improve your skills. Your own thread was entitled 'learning curve' then when members took their own time to reply and offer their opinion to help you 'learn' you threw it back in their faces. Shame.

:( what thread is that guys?

Shame as the critique is what you learn the most from, even if it is harsh sometimes. Hope it wasn't me, I feel bad enough critiquing as it is, but I do find that its what pushes you to be better.

:( what thread is that guys?

Shame as the critique is what you learn the most from, even if it is harsh sometimes. Hope it wasn't me, I feel bad enough critiquing as it is, but I do find that its what pushes you to be better.

I agree, critiques although sometimes harsh is a way to learn from more experienced photographers. I've had some real shoot downs in my time :(

I'm still here though:p:p:p:p

d*** Heads.......LOL

I was trying to be nice, but that proves what others have said about you. You say the forum isnt for you, so why keep coming back? Im surprised youve got the time, considering the amount of happy paying customers you have. You must be rushed off your feet.

Wheres the link thats kicked all of this off, I thought Rufus came across as a nice bloke tbh, his "dick heads....lol" statement might just be in jest, a bit of banter and Im happy for banter, though his account seems to have disappeared again, I cant find the thread.

think i found it. the portrait learning curve.

I think I can see whats gone wrong and its probably something thats come over wrong and shouldnt have been posted in the C&C section if he expected just good comments. I think some comments got up his back and his responses were less than professional, more emotional. Unfortunately, things like this do happen, seen umpteen threads where someone has come over all cocky only to be shot down (everyone has Rufus, very very few post "amazing" photos - check their post history and you'll probably find their earliest threads (if they begun on TP) had miserable feedback, mine were - feel free to check mine back a few years. I posted crap, still do lol, but I have improved and that is what is about. Its not a race - the only person you are competing with, is yourself.

Its sad but it would be good if Rufus came back, took the comments on board (good for him to get the sale btw). Dont take the comments to heart, read them, see if you agree with them and then the next time you take a photograph, remember the comments, adjust your technique/position/poses accordingly and you'll think "damn, they were right" because the next photograph you take when you think about those comments and apply them to your technique, your shot will be so much better.

Last edited:
Wheres the link thats kicked all of this off, I thought Rufus came across as a nice bloke tbh, his "d*** heads....lol" statement might just be in jest, a bit of banter and Im happy for banter, though his account seems to have disappeared again, I cant find the thread.

think i found it. the portrait learning curve.

I think I can see whats gone wrong and its probably something thats come over wrong and shouldnt have been posted in the C&C section if he expected just good comments. I think some comments got up his back and his responses were less than professional, more emotional. Unfortunately, things like this do happen, seen umpteen threads where someone has come over all cocky only to be shot down (everyone has Rufus, very very few post "amazing" photos - check their post history and you'll probably find their earliest threads (if they begun on TP) had miserable feedback, mine were - feel free to check mine back a few years. I posted crap, still do lol, but I have improved and that is what is about. Its not a race - the only person you are competing with, is yourself.

Its sad but it would be good if Rufus came back, took the comments on board (good for him to get the sale btw). Dont take the comments to heart, read them, see if you agree with them and then the next time you take a photograph, remember the comments, adjust your technique/position/poses accordingly and you'll think "damn, they were right" because the next photograph you take when you think about those comments and apply them to your technique, your shot will be so much better.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/portrait-learning-curve.557850/#post-6453815

Think its cause I added my 2 cents... lol I know that it scares @Lez325 everytime I post on his threads the ancient G.I.T lmfao

The thing is, no one has been horrible to him. He's thrown his dummy out the pram because a couple of members critiqued one of his pics in a way he disagreed with. If we all did that there would be no one here.

Shame you're not adult enough to take it on the chin and use the advice offered to improve your skills. Your own thread was entitled 'learning curve' then when members took their own time to reply and offer their opinion to help you 'learn' you threw it back in their faces. Shame.

Unfortunately this is true :withstupid: and @Carlh sometimes these types of sites aren't for everyone especially if you think you're great and just want an ego boost. Not all critique is correct but thats all part of the learning process but some people don't want that. So I think Rufus is correct this site is not for him regardless whether he looked reasonable as he did on the one Les critiqued but then through his toys out of the pram on another one with completely reasonable response from @Sharky.

Not seen the photos so can't comment on them BUT if everyone liked everything what a terrible world we would live in.

Haha......I am a nice bloke and my last post was humour that's obviously lacking on here as you all seem a little uptight and pretentious.
I'll keep nipping back in to see your comments on other peoples pictures.
From this alone I can see how a few of you seem to stick together and enjoy pulling others efforts apart without it being mine :)
It's nice to see you guys having fun......lol

I read through the portrait post and the only rude posts seemed to be the OP blowing the comments out of proportion as if they were a personal attack. The critique was well structured and specific. Isn't that what you want to improve???? If you want meaningless praise post in the award groups on flickr where no one looks at the photos before clicking CTRL+c

Back