Street Photography Meet - Edinburgh Fringe

I posted up a few on a separate thread, but here's a few more now that the dust has settled!

#1 Heading home.

4908101911_3c9401d274_b.jpg

4908102227_feb21e7977_o.jpg

4908102599_1f205578e2_o.jpg

4908696878_47699db36f_o.jpg

4908103413_8ae7d7a4a5_o.jpg

4908697884_2f56c3d81d_o.jpg

Last edited:
I like this one. Two different things going on, sharply cutting the picture in two. Nice spot.

A few more of mine.

With that last one, I sort of wish I'd pulled the lens back a bit and captured more of the street scene with this guy walking across with the dog.

Last edited:
Thank you. While it was a knackering day, the most knackering part seems to be getting through all the photos taken. Disappointing when some you think are going to be crackers turn out to be absolute crap.

...but you got some really good ones. Nice and sharp and well composed. My favourite, like I said on flikr is #4 - the close up of the cello.

I like this one. Two different things going on, sharply cutting the picture in two. Nice spot.

Thanks. I like #5 too, but I'd be hard pressed to tell you why. So how were the Space Vixens?

And a few more...

Like this one of the weird old chap. I tried to get him too but didn't quite capture it - he was a tad intimidating I felt. Good one of the clown and racket too. (y)

Some cracking pics on here, I've worked in Edinburgh Monday-Friday for the last 7 years and have never been to the Festival!

Aberal, great spot on number 2. Kicking myself because I have it as two shots :bang:

Here are a few more.

I couldn't make the meet but here are some of mine from last Saturday

P1020380.jpg

P1020384.jpg

P1020499.jpg

P1020501.jpg

P1020459.jpg

P1020424.jpg

Another lot from me, plus one from the Saturday.

12. Barrysprout....in the flesh! You saw it here first!

Last edited:
Had a look at your post Andrew, good set...well done!

I have another couple of pics of Barrysprout, but I am just waiting for the ideal time to post them (holding them in reserve). Also have a good shot of Jaco, not as sharp as I would have liked as he was close to the camera, and also the lager was playing tricks with my eyes. So I will hjold this one back as well.

Just waiting now for Barrysprout to organise a Trossachs meet!

Only just spotted this thread. Yes I am an idiot.

A random selection from me.

edi_z_redspikegirl1.jpg

edi_z_mask1.jpg

edi_z_drumdude.jpg

edi_50_1.jpg

edi_z_tink1.jpg

edi_50_chinagirl.jpg

some more

edi_50_spacevixen1.jpg

edi_50_zombieface.jpg

edi_50_clowngirl.jpg

edi_z_dbassguy1.jpg

edi_z_sleepgirl2.jpg

Last edited:
a couple of less random ones :D

tog2.jpg

tog1.jpg

Thanks, I have many many more but I am holding off on the ones I really like as I am thinking of popping one in the POTY comp and as I understand it they cannot be posted anywhere else prior to the comp.

Looking forward to the night meet. I know nowt about night stuff.

I am also looking forward to Barrysprout organising a Trossachs meet.

After you posting that pic I'm organising nuthin

And I didn't even put the good ones of you on my Flickr.
We are just back from the fringe again today, took our grandson with us. Atmosphere wasn't as good as last week. Maybe the weather, maybe the lack of beer. :shrug:

EDIT: 3 From today

Managed to get redeye in the last without a flash.

Last edited:
Back