Studio shot of the kids.

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
This is one from a set i did today. Belive me these three together is hard work..

The shot.
kidsweb.jpg

Pano
kidsweb_pano.jpg

md

Last edited:
very good but I would also like to see more of a stretched pano version to compare.

im thinking that must have been hard work getiing the wee fella looking at the camera... lovely shot

very good but I would also like to see more of a stretched pano version to compare.

Thanks is the added shot what you were thinking..?

md

im thinking that must have been hard work getiing the wee fella looking at the camera... lovely shot

This was the second attempt ..lol

thanks

md

Both very nicely done Dave, and the expression on Liams face is just superb!

Cheers guys Liam's expression is super .. lol

md

Nice shot. when you have people or kids in a pose like this. get them to move hands back towards their ears. The girl to the left, her face is covered to much.

Thanks for the advice and comment.

md

**hands MD several beers**

Crikey, getting those 3 to all look at the camera at once must hae been a nightmare, but wel worth it, love it. Now then, where are the other two, shouldn't it be a full quota next? :naughty:

At the moment that would be a logistical nightmare..

But time will sort things out....

Cheers YV

md

Thanks MD I like the second very much and you have done well.

Very good matey! I prefer the pano version but would like to see a tad more space on the right or crop a little bit from the left as it looks slightly unbalanced, this is one of those shots where dead centre is a winner.

Great exposure and absolutely no crit from me on that side of things.

(y)

Thanks MD I like the second very much and you have done well.

Thanks tiler65.

Very good matey! I prefer the pano version but would like to see a tad more space on the right or crop a little bit from the left as it looks slightly unbalanced, this is one of those shots where dead centre is a winner.

Great exposure and absolutely no crit from me on that side of things.

(y)

Cheers Colin the pano has been ordered on a 16x30 canvas " centered". I just hope it looks as good on the wall

md

what a lovely picture. :clap:

I am still very much a beginner ... can you tell me why the skin tones in the first image look warmer than in the second given that they are the same picture ? Is it my monitor or the processing or my eyes :bonk:

what a lovely picture. :clap:

I am still very much a beginner ... can you tell me why the skin tones in the first image look warmer than in the second given that they are the same picture ? Is it my monitor or the processing or my eyes :bonk:

Hmmmmmm not sure to be honest all i did was crop add some white to the 1st then crop it down.

and thanks .

md

The little ones expression is priceless, fantastic pic and great to get their attention.
Like the floor, care to tell what you have done here.

The little ones expression is priceless, fantastic pic and great to get their attention.
Like the floor, care to tell what you have done here.

Many thanks for the kind words.

ref the floor it is a sheet of 2mm perspex lay onto the white paper..

md

ref the floor it is a sheet of 2mm perspex lay onto the white paper..
md

Dave, I'm about to order a sheet for my studio floor... I want to avoid one unnecessarily big but don't want to be constrained by too small a piece either, what do you find is a good size to work with?

Terrific shot btw... love the little feller's expression!!

I'm wondering what MD did to make the youngest react like that ;) Any noisey toys involved?

Dave, I'm about to order a sheet for my studio floor... I want to avoid one unnecessarily big but don't want to be constrained by too small a piece either, what do you find is a good size to work with?

Terrific shot btw... love the little feller's expression!!

Thank you.

I went with a 1800mm x 1200 x 2mm cost me about £40 from B+Q

hope that helps. You just have to be carefull that you can get the reflection of everyone who is on it in the shot or it will look carp...

md

I'm wondering what MD did to make the youngest react like that ;) Any noisey toys involved?

Little bit of the old BOOOO... !!! going on to be honest...lol

md

Brilliant portrait Dave... :clap: ... you've really got everything pretty much nailed as far as I can see but I'm no 'spurt... :D

The first thing that struck me, bearing in mind I am certainly NOT a 'spurt just a simple on-looker... :cautious: ... is the reflective bit... :shrug:

I can't help seeing it as a bit distractive because it is cut off as it is... :thinking: ... would it be better to a. show the whole reflection or b. dumb it down a bit so it is not as sharp... :shrug: ... probably a technical nightmare either way and it's just mhgo, but I can't help wondering... ;)

:p

Cheers Roger.

But ref the reflection. I know what your saying but it is only as a grounding purpose and if i spent to much time messing with it i feel it would take the shine off the actual shots / shots themself .

Again i am no spurt i just do what i feel works for me. " The thing is if it was a shadow the cut off would be fine as it would not affect the shot . so all i am doing is the same but with a decent reflection imho"

hope that makes sense

md

Thanx for the input Dave... (y) ... good to hear it from the takers perspective, and the parent... :D

I have only really just started taking an interest in the studio portrait where the 'floor' is this reflective stuff and really don't know what I'm spouting off about so just ignore me... :cautious:

It was all kicked off by Mike's recent studio build and the link to Zack A's tutorials... :shrug: ... I found Zack's videos fascinating and it has ended up with a spark of interest now that makes me an armchair expert... :LOL:

On the flip side I have been messing about with light and its different effects using the skull that Jill recently bought me to practice on... ;) ... I like playing and to see the different effects and could see me spending the dark miserable Winter days farting around with it to my hearts content... :naughty:

08.gif

Cheers Rog ref Zack a " very helpfull and a good read. imho"

vectraturbo.

Cheers for the kind words.

md

Awww another pic of my mate, Charlie!!! :love: :love:

They are all looking good though! (y)

Back