Summer Tulips.

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few tulips from the weekend.
Not the usual sort of thing i get up to, but at the moment i am actively trying to get out of my normal routine of things.

IMG_5928.jpg

IMG_5937.jpg

IMG_5947.jpg

Number 2 has some odd fringing going on around the back flowers, not entirely sure what is causing that. I assume something i did in the processing?

Thanks for commenting.

I am definitely going to take another look at #2 and see just where that fringing came in and try to work around it.

I agree with Tina, #1 has definately got the edge. Looks like a painting it is beautiful. Although #2 has the 'odd fringing' I still really like it as an image.
Not too keen on #3 personally, there seems to be a bit too much 'dead space' is the only way I can think to word it between the bottom of the image and the tulip heads! Just my opinion though!

Last edited:
No1 is my favourite.
I like no 2 for the colours and composition but not the "angled" composition or the OoF flower at front.
I agree with Michelle's comments on No3.

Thanks for the comments.

With the second, i was aiming for a single red in a sea of purple, hence the red tulip being the one in focus. But i admit it is far from what i had in my head. I think it needed to have been a much denser collection of plants to have worked.

:)

Back