Sunburst through arch. Durdle Door.

wow stunning every time i visit its raining :(

like to see a closer shot without the beach ?

Nice different aspect to this much photographed scene ... but please be careful, it's a bit of a dangerous area to be scrabbling around ATM!

Congratulations, Mark...great capture. Not only were you up at the crack of dawn to get the shot, but this shot must only be possible for a short while each year near the winter solstice.

Cracking shot.

The stairs were also missing back in November when I was there and Lulworth Cove was shut due to Brad Pitt being filmed there the following day. :(

Just one word ...........WOW

Corker. Absolutely love it.

This is good, I particularly like how you have used the shore line to invite you in and gently lead you round to the arch.
I'm pleased you haven't tried to bleach out the shadows on the rocks, the deep rich tones with a hint of detail help make this image.

This is just superb. Well worth the effort. Out of interest, I'm really impressed with the exposure control, were you using as grad on the sky?

I commented on this on Flickr a few days ago but this is a cracking image and somewhere I may very well visit this year I think.

Thanks Gary.

This is just superb. Well worth the effort. Out of interest, I'm really impressed with the exposure control, were you using as grad on the sky?

I used a Lee 3 stop neutral density, a Lee 2 stop soft graduated neutral density and a Lee 1 stop hard graduated neutral density. This is pretty much my normal set up for seascapes. Hope that helps.

Stunning shot, exposure time spot on with just enough movement in the tide.

Thanks Gary.

I used a Lee 3 stop neutral density, a Lee 2 stop soft graduated neutral density and a Lee 1 stop hard graduated neutral density. This is pretty much my normal set up for seascapes. Hope that helps.

Cheers. Certainly did the trick here!

Great shot the hassle getting there was certainly worth the effort:)

Back