Sunday at the BSB, Knockhill.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hot and humid, yes it really was Knockhill because it got cold with a sprinkle of rain in the afternoon:rolleyes:

As usual, it was off at the crack of dawn to get our seats at the Hairpin.

BSB race day is too crowded to move about, so inevitably some shots will be a wee bit samey:oops: :$

However, there was plenty of action and will need another thread to show most of the crashes.

C&C welcome as always.

1. The Ben Wilson stare to start with......

2. Hi-tec TV camera accessory:eek:

3. Shakey needed binoculars to see Kiyo ahead in the first race:p

4. Kiyo heading into the distance....

5. Great to see him back to winning ways......

6. The chasing pack.....

7. An attempt to put a different angle on things;)

8. Better slip in a crash to liven things up, Stuart Easton was deemed to have caused this and he was put back 3 places for race 2 (Mr Ellison stormed to his feet, less than amused!)...............

9. The Ozzie fella was no match for our Shakey.....

10. Oops, put 9 and 10 in the wrong order:(

11. A passing sign and the only time Kiyo got past in Race 2.........

12. Emerging from said sign........

13. Normal service is resumed........

Last edited:
Looks like you had a good weekend Mike, would like to visit Knockhill some time but too far away (will an independent Scotland still host BSB ?)
#5 & #13 are my favourites.

Looks like you had a good weekend Mike, would like to visit Knockhill some time but too far away (will an independent Scotland still host BSB ?)
#5 & #13 are my favourites.

Thanks for that, Neil and I would think that the future of BSB in Scotland is not in doubt!

After watching the Europsort coverage I could see there was a lot of action at the hairpin ! I like the closeness of #1 & #5 and the action in #6. I might give the BSB a try out on the Friday practice day at Brands when it isn't too busy.

Great shots, I see you managed to get The Stalker in a couple :)
What lens as a matter of interest ?

Thanks, Kev, at least he is easier to shoot this year, last time his bike and hat were very hard to get sharp!

I mainly used a 70-200mm f2.8 with a 1.4 convertor, although some were taken with a 400mm f5.6.

The EXIF should be intact on all my photos.

After watching the Europsort coverage I could see there was a lot of action at the hairpin ! I like the closeness of #1 & #5 and the action in #6. I might give the BSB a try out on the Friday practice day at Brands when it isn't too busy.

Thanks very much, Paul, I too prefer the Friday, easier to get varied shots.

One of The Stalker in morning warm-up...

Superb set Mike.
We went for raceday and fell in love with the place - super circuit, great racing and out of the car park in eight minutes!!
What's not to like!

cheers, cw

Thanks for that, Chris, you were a very lucky laddie to get out as quick as that!

Back