Sunday morning footy

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
harsh sunlight this sunday.. am having trouble with very pink faces... is it my WB ? These not too bad but some or just silly pink :(

sun0.jpg

sun1.jpg

sun2.jpg

sun3.jpg

Great expressions, and crisp shots.

The pinks look ok to me, ginger peeps have a different kind of skin,usually paler, that shows any colouration more readily.

Nice shots Kipax(y).
#1 great timing,& framing,
# 2 fantastic timing & sharpness again but, a little too close framing! (i take it this was full frame?),
#3 again top notch, but in this shot i see what you mean by the Pinking? may be the auto white balance?.
#4 a V nice pic deffo for the paper!. Kind regards Graham.

If these are with the Mark III then this is another issue faced by sports users as the camera cannot render skin tone that well. Fact. Getty have complained lots about this.

Hi Diego .. I know you ahve a bit of a downer on canon nowerdays.. But I think you might be right with this... It really is bad on very sunshney days and especially if red kit (or so it seems) The faces are so pink and when i try to lower the colour of course the kit suffers.. I end up desaturating for b/w

The ones I posted here not so bad.. the ones I chuck away or have had to publish for whatever reason.. some of em are really pinky skin

Guess I ahve to be a bit happy that we dont get all that much sun in this country :)

Last edited:
As always KIPAX... super footy shots. Really good set of four images... all just super. I think if I was forced to choose a fav... it would be number 2. Just the closeness and expressions on the players faces. Love it!!

I think with your comments on the MKIII - I have decided to wait til the MKIV comes along. Before upgrading from my MKII / MKIIn set.

Going to shoot any hockey in the near future??

Hi Diego .. I know you ahve a bit of a downer on canon nowerdays.. But I think you might be right with this... It really is bad on very sunshney days and especially if red kit (or so it seems) The faces are so pink and when i try to lower the colour of course the kit suffers.. I end up desaturating for b/w

The ones I posted here not so bad.. the ones I chuck away or have had to publish for whatever reason.. some of em are really pinky skin

Guess I ahve to be a bit happy that we dont get all that much sun in this country :)

Hi - to a degree yes, but as I have always maintained, when working correctly the Mark III is superb and I loved it but mine had to go as it was not good enough. The issues I faced are not stand alone and as I have said many agencies, freelancers amongst others have all levelled issues at the mark III from focusing to skin tone.

Going to shoot any hockey in the near future??

new ice hockey pics on my site now..

This weekend i did under16 football saturday morning, league football saturday afternoon, park football sunday morning, womens football sunday afternoon and ice hockey sunday early evening.

hows that :)

Not wanting to hijack the thread but Pete, have you got any links about the skin tone issues, I'd be interested to read up on it (y)

new ice hockey pics on my site now..

This weekend i did under16 football saturday morning, league football saturday afternoon, park football sunday morning, womens football sunday afternoon and ice hockey sunday early evening.

hows that :)

Sounds like a normal Sports Tog weekend...;) Or that's how I've also felt in the recent weeks.
Will check your hockey pics from your site (after this post).

Back