Sunfly

Edit My Images
No
One from the garden. I think this could be a Sunfly but would welcome possitive I.D. Thanks for looking C & C welcome
7D + 100 IS macro - 1/166 sec f11 ISO 1600 Hand held natural light.

sunfly1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot Roy and I'm pretty certain it is Helophilius pendulus the black line on the face and I can just see the hind leg is half black. So yes it is a sunfly. they tend to hang around water, is that where you found it? No cc needed I think as it is a pretty good shot. Only thing is the sunlight is strong and fill flash could have tamed it a little if I have to give some C&C. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is just about as good as it gets, you have a very sharp image with very good depth of field and i don't mind the light, the shadow underneath gives a 3D effect giving depth between the insect and the leaf, super shot Roy.

Nice shot Roy and I'm pretty certain it is Helophilius pendulus the black line on the face and I can just see the hind leg is half black. So yes it is a sunfly. they tend to hang around water, is that where you found it? No cc needed I think as it is a pretty good shot. Only thing is the sunlight is strong and fill flash could have tamed it a little if I have to give some C&C. (y)

Nice shot - I agree with Alby on the ID.

Linda

Very nice Roy, spot on for me. (y)

good shot well done

Very nice shot Roy.
100mm macro's a bit lighter than the old 300mm 2.8 sir :)
John

It's a cracker Roy. spot on (y)

Cracking Roy (y)

Cracking shot Roy!!! Looks menacing.

Nice Shot - Great colours, and a good view point

I think this is just about as good as it gets, you have a very sharp image with very good depth of field and i don't mind the light, the shadow underneath gives a 3D effect giving depth between the insect and the leaf, super shot Roy.

Excellent detail Roy.

Great shot of a very handsome fly

Thank you for the comments guys (y)

Back