Sunpak PF30X Canon E-TTL II On 450d Problem.

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Hope you can help.

I have just purchased the above mentioned flash for my 450d & as far
as i can tell,it is compatible.

I have tested the flash off cam & all works fine but when its on the cam
it doesnt work.

In the menu section,the cam tells me that the flash is either switched off
or in-compatible.

All contacts are clean & like new but the camera isnt firing the flash in
any lighting conditions.

I have tried brand new AA's & also freshly charged Vapextech 2700's
but still no joy.

Any ideas please?

Thanks for the link Gary (y)

Im going to try some other rechargeable batteries tomorrow.

Any help on cleaning the contact points on the hotshoe?

The camera is a few of months old & they are all nice & clean already.

Cant help other than, if you say its a recent purchase, is it covered under warranty, if so take it back.

You coulkd try lending it to someone else with a compatible camera and see if it works on theirs which would rule out the flash unit being faulty.

had the same problem when i upgraded to a 50d from 400d. tried my sunpak pf30x on a mates 40d and it still didnt work but his Canon Speedlite 430EX did.
I also got a rc5 for xmas and that doesn't work with the 50d either. so its looks like a trip to the shops.

I have an email address for the support team of the Uk agents.

I will hopefully get a reply/solution on Monday so fingers crossed.

I have an email address for the support team of the Uk agents. I will hopefully get a reply/solution on Monday so fingers crossed.

Hi Snoop69. Did you manage to get this sorted? I've just bought this flash, and can't get it to work with my 40d :thinking: Thx in advance.

Make sure it is a Canon-fit model. Wouldn't be the first time a Nikon one was shipped in a Canon box...

Hi Snoop69. Did you manage to get this sorted? I've just bought this flash, and can't get it to work with my 40d :thinking: Thx in advance.

I havent yet to be honest - was to cheesed off to put it in a box :LOL:

Make sure it is a Canon-fit model. Wouldn't be the first time a Nikon one was shipped in a Canon box...

Mine has Canon fit ETL-II etc printed on the bottom.

They say it just needs the firmware flashing so fingers crossed when i
get round to it.

I just got a reply from Sunpak UK:

The software on the flashgun may need updating if it is the older version that you have been sold. This flashgun was sold prior to the 40D being launched.
This is updated free of charge of the flashgun is returned with proof of purchase.

I got mine from Currys. Looks like they are knocking older versions out cheap.

Should have bought the 430EX over xmas when it was cheaper :crying:

hey guys

do you have a contact number for sunpak? I have the same issue and need the software updated on the flash

Many thanks

Give these guys a call bud.
You should be lucky & only have to pay postage both ways.

i have recently purchased the Sunpak PF-30X for my 450d, and am not getting it to fire, and see others have had problems? any advice..?

i purchased it on ebay, and although this seller didnt say that it was compatible with 450d, all googleing said it did :(

Pluke has had the same problem on a 1000D + this flash.

There is a compatibility chart on the Sunpak web site says they are compatible. But I think the one before, date apr08, did not show the 1000D

just found this thread, my flash wont work on my 500d but works on mates 400d, just emailed the link above hopefully will be sorted out.
Good link Paul (snoop69) Thanks

Back