Sunset pools

Like the light, tonal range and exposure in these.

Crit is really a compositional or prespective ones. I am sure you are level on these, but you are ever so sloghtly off perpenedicular with the horizon so it looks out. A way to combat this is to use your cameras grid and a slot in spirit level. Spirit level will tell you that you are straight but once the camera is straight, check using the grid you are completely square with the horizon. Or go a at a deliberate angle to the horizon if that make sense

The 1st its barely notible for this, the second it is.

The top one,of course is my favourite. Lovely warm colours captured with a perfect exposure.The other one is also very appealing with the LE enhancing it..much colder than the first one ..post sunset. I really like the LE exposure post (well post) sunset photos taken on the coast. Where were you ?

I also enjoyed all your Flickr photos..I see you visited the A4 Pacifics at Sheldon..so did I. I posted them in 'Transport' several weeks ago. It was a Special Photo evening in February.

Like the light, tonal range and exposure in these.

Crit is really a compositional or prespective ones. I am sure you are level on these, but you are ever so sloghtly off perpenedicular with the horizon so it looks out. A way to combat this is to use your cameras grid and a slot in spirit level. Spirit level will tell you that you are straight but once the camera is straight, check using the grid you are completely square with the horizon. Or go a at a deliberate angle to the horizon if that make sense

The 1st its barely notible for this, the second it is.

Thanks Steve
They are actually level but the Scottish coast is leading the eye off IMO.
Edit
Though it is curved.

The top one,of course is my favourite. Lovely warm colours captured with a perfect exposure.The other one is also very appealing with the LE enhancing it..much colder than the first one ..post sunset. I really like the LE exposure post (well post) sunset photos taken on the coast. Where were you ?

I also enjoyed all your Flickr photos..I see you visited the A4 Pacifics at Sheldon..so did I. I posted them in 'Transport' several weeks ago. It was a Special Photo evening in February.

Thanks this at a little place called Parton on the Cumbrian coast about 5 minutes drive from home.

The A4 shots were taken at York I didnt get to Sheldon I wish I had though.

Last edited:
Back