Sunshine and colour cast

Edit My Images
Yes
264201535_b7e858de75_o.jpg

A sunny day is wonderful for grandchildren visiting - but hell to stop highlights in white clothes burning out and deep shadows. (spot metered on the face)
264201271_401119a37a_o.jpg

A request for his monkey in the tree - netted two monkeys, but the gren light that you don't notice at the time really shown by the camera.​
Both images really seem washed out by the time they hit the web - any suggestions on how to prevent this?​

Very true. Sunshine can be as annoying as dark clouds on a shoot :( Funny isnt it.....

I always under expose and maybe even use fill as you can dial it up but once over exposed there is nothing you can do.

Diego.

Fill in flash was used!

I find that on days like that you're better off turning your subjects with their backs to the Sun and using fill flash, with this method you often get very nice rim lighting from the back light, or just moving into the shade and again - using fill flash.

You can see the flash has worked in that 2nd shot, but not quite strong enough to kill those shadows on the face from the Sun. Any stronger though and you'd probably have been over-flashed.

Back