Surfing Snaps

JD.

Name
Jess
Edit My Images
Yes
So recently went down to Newquay on a uni surf trip and decided to take some pictures. This is the first time I've ever shot any surfing type of pics, but I thought I'd just post a few!

I prefer the 4th shot out of the set, good captures though, some big waves out there.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback.
Yeah, I was going to crop number 4, but never really got a chance to. I got over 300 odd shots, and havent bought myself round to editing/cropping any of them yet, only a few.

If you were down for the Student Nationals, you were blessed with the best surf (at Fistral) so far this year! Nice shots, I like #5 the most.

Seems like you're shooting as soon as the surfers take off on the wave, try and wait until they've gone along the wave a bit more, the most interesting shots are always going to be when the surfer is bottom or top turning. Unless they're getting barreled of course ;)

L

Yeah we were! We were down Watergate Bay (I think, I dont remember) on the Sunday, my gosh, I'm glad I didnt go in, wouldve been eaten by those waves. I got a hell of a lot of pictures of my friends getting up and then just being englufed my the waves!

What are thoughts on these pics. Taking into account what LewLar said.

Yeah they're much better :) #1 is clearly going to stack it, #4 wins it for me, there's heaps of energy as he's about to snap off the top off, and the wave has a more open face then #3.

And watch those horizons ;)

PS I'm no expert photog by any means, but I work for a surf mag and and hear this stuff all the time :)

Good stuff!

L

Back