Votes: 103 31.6%
  • Pentax

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Other Brand (Please State)

Votes: 18 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, it's a simple statement of fact

As I said, incredibly narrow minded and absolutely not a statement of fact, which is why polls like this are utter bunkum.

There are more than a few people that don't have a 'main' camera, but just pick the correct tool for the job rather than restricting their choice.

As one minor example, take a commercial product photographer that uses an MF at work, and then a DSLR for pleasure in their own time. The MF brings in the greatest proportion of his income, but the DSLR provides the most satisfaction; which is the main system there?

As one minor example, take a commercial product photographer that uses an MF at work, and then a DSLR for pleasure in their own time. The MF brings in the greatest proportion of his income, but the DSLR provides the most satisfaction; which is the main system there?

The one that finances the DSLR because without the main system he wouldn't have the satisfaction of the second.

I voted other as my main camera is a Phase One 645 AF.

Thought I would have to make a smilie for this one

nikon%20smilie1.gif

John, that's a cracker! :LOL:

Another Olympus vote. I can't change brands as I'd have to change my user name and become one of the other million Nikon/Canon Pau'ls/Dave's/User1000 etc user names and that would never do. ;)

Last edited:
Olympus as my main camera and Samsung as my everyday, pocketable one.

I've never for one minute regretted my choice of camera...Oly lenses are hard to beat!

Janet

I would love to vote but it won't let me!
Is this poll ageist?

Roy

No, but you need a minimum number of posts to vote in polls following some dodgy going's on in the POTY voting earlier this year.

Personally, main equipment Nikon and love it, but also have Kodak [x2], Nikon and Pentax film camera and even a Samsung cheapy p&s for use at work. Oh yes, and my HTC of course :D

Its horses for courses anyway, whatever suits you, I use Nikon because they are the best for me and what I do, but that won't apply to everyone. One of my best buds on here is a Sony user for heavens sake.... :eek: :LOL: ;)

Sony A300 here but will be adding the A580 and another lens this weekend while the vat back promotion is still around.

Primary, secondary and third camera Olympus, naturally (y)

Steve

It rather looks like someone has tipped off an Olympus forum and they have all come to vote. Going from 2 votes to 36 in such a short time looks highly suspicious to me. :LOL:

No, it merely reflects the number of photographers who are migrating to Olympus since the unexpectedly high (and pleasantly surprising) IQ of the new E-5 became common knowledge. It makes the SHG Zuiko lenses even more awesome. Damn, I was hoping we could keep it a secret for a while longer but hey, I guess it's rude not to share. ;)

It rather looks like someone has tipped off an Olympus forum and they have all come to vote. Going from 2 votes to 36 in such a short time looks highly suspicious to me. :LOL:

Why is that suspicious? Presumably you want new members (if only for the clicks to boost the advertising revenue) and if they like what they see they may well stay and add to the forums diversity and attraction.

looks highly suspicious to me. :LOL:

If it is a forum, I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess that those 36 votes will consist of very approximately 2.12139% of total membership and 9.57446% of the active membership. Roughly.

If it is a forum, I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess that those 36 votes will consist of very approximately 2.12139% of total membership and 9.57446% of the active membership. Roughly.

Can't you be more accurate, as someone rightly points out, our advertisers may need to know :)

Back