Critique Sutton Scarsdale

Name
Mat
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

I'm trying to take part in this year's TP52, and when Week 2 - Fragile popped up, I immediately thought of ruined buildings. So I decided to pop up to Sutton Scarsdale and see what I could do. In all honesty, I don't think these are great, but afterall, I am still in the "beginner" stage of photography, and trying to figure out what works well.

Sutton Scarsdale - Windows by randomlyset, on Flickr

Sutton Scarsdale - Coulmn by randomlyset, on Flickr

Sutton Scarsdale - Fragile by randomlyset, on Flickr

I think the first shot has some real potential if is quite underexposed so could use a boost in post to get it popping I would also like to see a little more breathing space top and bottom and the lens distortion corrected.

The others don't really work for me the compositions aren't very strong to make those sort of detail shots work you need to think very carefully about what you place in the frame and where you place it.

Thanks.

There's not much breathing space left at the top of the image in pic 1. I was stood with my back right against a wall, and it's impossible to stand any further away, so a different lens would be better. I tried my best with sorting the lens distortion out.

In regards to 2 and 3, I know what you mean. I have the ideas in my head of what I want, but can never achieve them.

Back