Swanage light and colours

Nice mood expressions in different tones…
but all with slanted horizon!

The different colours and light in each one have their own attractions, and make choosing a preferred image difficult!
I agree the horizons are out by a miniscule amount in all but the last, but IMO the last is the only one requiring correction.

#1 and #3 for me as I feel the colours really make a difference to the overall feel of the shots. There looks to be a crane at mid-right and that would possibly be worth cloning out?

Good conditions, good exposures, good subjects.

1 and 2. Slightly too tightly composed. The railings lead your viewer in but 3 and 4 are just that bit more expansive

Always take great care to ensure the camera is level on both the horizontal axis but also vertical one to avoid any convergence.
Also ensure it is perpendicular to the stones/cobbles plus horizon too. You're a bit askew in both. It just makes it slightly jar otherwise.

I like the first one because I would say the leading lines in the others are bit overdone but overall a nice set of images.

....I agree the horizons are out by a miniscule amount in all but the last, but IMO the last is the only one requiring correction.
Interesting comment, as I found myself immediately distracted by the degree of slope, however minor, in them all- perhaps I'm becoming anal about such technicalities in my declining years! Of the pictures, I prefer 4, and find the treatment in it very pleasing aesthetically.

Interesting comment, as I found myself immediately distracted by the degree of slope, however minor, in them all- perhaps I'm becoming anal about such technicalities in my declining years! Of the pictures, I prefer 4, and find the treatment in it very pleasing aesthetically.

The only one immediately obvious to me was the last.

Haloes though, now those I can spot.....and they drive me mental :LOL:

Good conditions, good exposures, good subjects.

1 and 2. Slightly too tightly composed. The railings lead your viewer in but 3 and 4 are just that bit more expansive

Always take great care to ensure the camera is level on both the horizontal axis but also vertical one to avoid any convergence.
Also ensure it is perpendicular to the stones/cobbles plus horizon too. You're a bit askew in both. It just makes it slightly jar otherwise.
Thanks for the detailed feedback from all, really appreciated. More care needed on setting up to shoot seems to be my main focus and the purchase of a decent level

Back