Sweeps - Colour and Humour

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
The Sweeps Festival orignates in Rochester from the Medway Sweeps annual holiday, in the days when sending children up chimneys was legal and there wasn't much financial reward. The parade in Rochester has been revived as a festival celebration and morris troupes from across the country, though mainly Kent, attend.
The day is marked by its fantastic atmosphere, colour and humour. The entire set can be found on my flickr CLICKY HERE

In keeping with the whole ethos of the day, the processing on these shots varies from full blown HDR right through to straight off camera without even so much as a sharpen, total madness but what the hell :D

3500714178_e877c45a8e_o.jpg

3499885583_0dfc022747_o.jpg

3500695574_9efbf0537f_o.jpg

3499887969_e3a3d9281c_o.jpg

3500713196_8fdfc850c2_o.jpg

TFL (y)

, in the days when sending children up chimneys was legal

When did that stop then? :shrug:
You'll be tellin' me next that women have the vote!

#1 looks a right character nicely done Yvonne (y)

I like 'em Yvonne! :wave: I'd have kidnapped the puppy! :naughty:

I already have 2 of them, one that looked just like that when we got her, and I KNOW what they grow into...best left as things to point the camera at :LOL:

Still wouldn't put me off. :D

Nice set Yvonne, #2 is superb. Definitely my favourite (y)

Yv

Cracking set and I like the HDR treatment as well, I had not thought of doing that most all of mine have just been normal processing, several shot I thought were a little too dark, so i might try are little of your magic on them and see what I can achieve....

One and Four are my favorites of the bunch...

Regards

Nigel

Ta Nige. Got to admit I don't usually apply HDR to individual portrait shots as it so rarely works for me, but on this occasion, especially with the harsh contrast in light I had a go and the OTT effect of 'obvious' HDR seems to work quite well with the OTT costumes and face painting. Of course, it is technically 'faux' hdr because its 3 from 1 ;)

Back