System camera?

Alexia

Name
Alexia
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm going to do lots of traveling this year and i don't want to bring my dslr camera with me because of its weight and size, so i'm looking for a good system camera, that makes sharp landscape pictures and I want to be able to take some decent gymnastics pictures with it, i don't want to spend more than 600 pounds (which is not much i know, but i really can't spend more at the moment ) I've been searching for ages but i can't seem to figure out which one i should take, someone out here who's able to help me?

If it's a "system" camera you are after rather than a standalone advanced compact, then I guess you should be looking at either the Micro Four Thirds system (Panasonic GX7 and Olympus OMD-EM10 with standard lens should fit the budget), Fuji X series (don't know much about them as I've never owned one, but those that have swear by them), the Sony NEX series (again, get very good write ups from owners) or maybe even the Nikon 1 series.

Probably not a lot of help, but we as photographers now have more choice in affordable quality photographic gear than ever - we really have never had it so good.

All the above systems come with their own range of Lenses, flash accessories etc, so whichever you choose, the system should be able to grow with you. Would certainly try before you buy though as ergonomics can play a major part in your enjoyment of a camera, and only by physically holding it will you get to know what suits you and what doesn't.

Thankyou! And i know, i'm pretty sure there are system cameras with the same quality as my dslr so that's another reason why I want a system camera, I like the system cameras from olympus and the alpha serie from sony, but there are so many, it's so hard to choose

IMVHO the first thing to decide is do you want a VF or are you happy to shoot with just the back screen.

Once you decide that it should help you choose.

I'm going to do lots of traveling this year and i don't want to bring my dslr camera with me because of its weight and size, so i'm looking for a good system camera, that makes sharp landscape pictures and I want to be able to take some decent gymnastics pictures with it, i don't want to spend more than 600 pounds (which is not much i know, but i really can't spend more at the moment ) I've been searching for ages but i can't seem to figure out which one i should take, someone out here who's able to help me?
Gymnastics and landscape, that's potentially two different lenses - do they have to within the £600 budget?

Low light and a moving target (gymnastics) are the weakness of the first generation of Fuji x-series cameras, the X-E2 would be the lower priced of the two Fujis that would work best with this subject (the other is the X-T1) and the best price for that of late has been the refurbished bodies that Fuji have been selling for £360 (currently out of stock). The older X-Pro1 and X-E1 models are very good cameras but aren't as good with moving subjects - the X-E1 is quite a bit cheaper (£208 refurbished).

I'm okey with buying another lens, and thank you! going to look them up tomorrow, do you know anything about the sony alpha series?

I know, it's okay if it doesn't make the sharpest gymnastics pictures, as long as they look decent and i can put them on their facebook it's fine

Back