Sywell Airshow

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Having seen these I realise I shouldn't have bothered taking my camera :(

Shame about the Lancs:(

A lovely collection. The second shot stands out for me, nice composition and prop blur - I can almost smell the oil!

What happened to the Lancasters, did they not appear?

Chris

Sadly they were unable to leave Coningsby due to the 35 knot cross wind

Canberra is nice Harry.

Thank you, it gave some lovely photogenic passes with a lovely, photogenic sky :)

Nice close ups Harry! They have always been something I like!
Bernie

Thanks, not much choice with a 500mm, at that venue!

3 & 4 are lovely... what lens are you using?

Thank you, lens wise I'm using a 500mm F4L IS (Mk1).

Having seen these I realise I shouldn't have bothered taking my camera :(

Shame about the Lancs:(

Thank you, I'm sure yours will be good too :) The wind made for a difficult days shooting - and flying!

A lovely collection. The second shot stands out for me, nice composition and prop blur - I can almost smell the oil!

What happened to the Lancasters, did they not appear?

Chris

Thank you again, the Lancasters couldn't get off the ground sadly!

Here's a few more for you anya:)

Sywell Airshow 2014 by Harry Measures, on Flickr

Sorry to hear the Lancasters could not make it, a big disappointment for many of the visitors, but that's British weather.

I love the first post of your second collection, eye contact with the driver would have added the final touch - lovely detail in that rotary engine - nice to see some different compositions.

Chris

Very nice set, great colour and light in them given the fast moving subject matter, particularly like the P51 shots

Agree with the other posts, really nice set Harry. Hard to pick a favorite, the Canberra are nice as is the Mustang shots.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the Lancasters could not make it, a big disappointment for many of the visitors, but that's British weather.

I love the first post of your second collection, eye contact with the driver would have added the final touch - lovely detail in that rotary engine - nice to see some different compositions.

Chris

Eye contact with that plane is hard, I know what you mean though. Very hard for the pilot to see out, probably well illustrated here:

Love the look of this thing!

Some more lovely work harry. Just starting to get through mine, was a tad tired getting in at 8 after being up at 5...

Thanks :) Yes it was a long day, I ended up leaving after the announcement of the 30 min gap when the BBMF should have displayed. Think I made the right choice really, looked a nightmare getting out after that!

Very nice set, great colour and light in them given the fast moving subject matter, particularly like the P51 shots

Thank you very much :)

Agree with the other posts, really nice set Harry. Hard to pick a favorite, the Canberra are nice as is the Mustang shots.

Cheers, first time I've seen those two Mustangs, and very nice they are too!

Here's even more (last few, promise!)

Eye contact with that plane is hard, I know what you mean though. Very hard for the pilot to see out, probably well illustrated here:

Love the look of this thing!

Thanks :) Yes it was a long day, I ended up leaving after the announcement of the 30 min gap when the BBMF should have displayed. Think I made the right choice really, looked a nightmare getting out after that!

Thank you very much :)

Cheers, first time I've seen those two Mustangs, and very nice they are too!

Here's even more (last few, promise!)

Yep I got in the car just as the reds arrived. Really wanted to see the hurri bomber but home was calling. I will catch her at southport next month

Yep I got in the car just as the reds arrived. Really wanted to see the hurri bomber but home was calling. I will catch her at southport next month

As I said to my friend, if it was the Mustang, Kitty Hawk or Spitfire from PT I would have stayed... As much as I wanted to stay I just couldn't stand the wind anymore (or for that matter those bloody models that came too close for comfort!)

Yes those models did go a bit wayward.
As for hangar 11, a stunning fleet he had there. Ive not seen the hurri bomber so really wanted to see her. Never seen his p51 or Curtiss, seen the spit a lot! A beauty though

Back