Taking a camera whilst exercising

Name
Jack
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

ive recently bought a Olympus e-Pl9 and am thinking of taking it out whilst I cycle or run ( it’s a good excuse to stop for five minutes) do you think the repetative shaking will cause any damage to the camera or does it or really have any moving parts to harm.

thanks

Jack

Don't know about that camera specifically but I always take an Olympus mirrorless camera out with me when cycling, either in a panier bag or around my neck.
Can't think you would cause any issues unless you come off and bang it on the road! :eek:

I think if I did come off I would definitely be more annoyed about damaging the camera than myself

Might get better answers in talk equipment.... think more knowledgeable poeple who know how the cameras work in there :)

I'd double check with Olympus technical support if you want peace of mind, as the in-camera IS system might be affected, particularly when running. Cycling should be smoother- I use a Peak Design Capture Clip with my Canon M50, with the clip attached to one of the backpack straps on my chest. The camera seems to be cushioned quite nicely that way, unless I'm off road and then it all shakes about of course. No issues so far and it makes for very quick access to take a shot.
For larger lenses, I use one of these Think Tank slingbags. Works well too but more fiddly to stop and take out for a shot. https://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/turnstyle-20-v2

I ran for years with a Canon EOS M3 and 22mm, tucked in the side netting of my inov8 running vest and attached by a short bungie cord in case it worked loose.

Don't know about that camera specifically but I always take an Olympus mirrorless camera out with me when cycling, either in a panier bag or around my neck.
Can't think you would cause any issues unless you come off and bang it on the road! :eek:
Years ago, I took my SLR out on my bike. At one point the neck strap came undone & my camera bounced along the road... :eek:
Surprisingly apart from some scratching the only issue was the hot shoe getting knocked off.

Back