TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

Goddamn I can't catch a break, I used the Wildcard and revamped the squad, as a cheapo 4m Def I brought in Gusto from Chelsea ... up to 6pm I had him onfield no joke ... last minute switched him out bah! 2 assists and a CS for a £4m Def :/ oh well, I have the 2 City boys in to make up, hopefully

I was hoping the teams you removed were all above me, but unfortunately they were all below me :rolleyes:

I hear ya! makes the league a little tougher IMO, there was always that cushion of no show players to make us look good in the 23 man league

Morning. I must be the first person to raise my hand and apologise. I haven’t been on site this season and didn’t realise I would be booted out of the FF League. I thought I was in, but now it has disappeared. I didn’t get any PM re this, & just hadn’t been in for a while. I was Mrs Smith’s Boys.
Won’t be a threat to anyone the way I’m going! ‍♀️

I have had 2 messages about the removals from the FF League, Yvette above, and another via PM. I wasn't sure how many messages I would receive. :thinking: I may receive more posts, or PM's, after the end of games this week, if they care of course.

How do people still in the league feel about allowing people to rejoin? PM me whether you are for or against please allowing people to rejoin. If I have 8 or more PM's, so more than half of the remaining members, being positive, I will re-instate some people who have asked if I can. PM's because some may not want to say no publicly. ;)

The people wanting to rejoin will have the general apathy of people interacting against gaining enough positive responses, :rolleyes: just so they know. :(

I checked earlier and I was at 20pts, I've refreshed 3 times since, each time I lost a point :ROFLMAO: now at 17 ...

For those regularly view this thread, you will be aware that the league has been reduced from 23>14 players. Saying that, Amber Army remain top of the league after scoring 63 points, and extend their lead to 16 points ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom(60). Onana what's my name(47) drop a place to 3rd. King Kangaroo(63) move up from 8th>4th. Woodys Wonders(51) are in equal 4th place.

Highest point scorers of the week were Amber Army and King Kangaroo with 63 points. :clap: :clap:

Average point score for the week was 44.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW3
1693230091247.jpeg

In the Head2Head league, I was up against leader Amber Army, and was beaten quite convincingly 63-37, :( and so Amber Army remain in 1st place, and I drop from 4th>7th. :rolleyes:

Woodys Wonders move up into 2nd place after beating Tarric's Tot's 51-32. Banished to Riyadh move up 2 places to 3rd after coming out ahead of Onana what's my name 51-47. Those are now the three teams who remain unbeaten.

Klopp Klopp Boom won their H2H with horspath hounds 60-47 and move up to 4th. Onana what's my name drop from 2nd>5th after their loss to Banished to Riyadh.

1st and 3rd go H2H, so one or the other may, or both, may not be on maximum points next week. ;) 5th and 6th, Onana what's my name and King Kangaroo, who are on equal points, also go H2H.

TP H2H League Results GW3
1693232595831.jpeg
TP H2H League Fixtures GW4
1693232614293.jpeg
TP H2H Table GW3
1693232628664.jpeg

Haaland showing that he is just human after all, missing a penalty and a sitter, but even still you just know he'll get one. Still hard to not make him captain.

I was following the FPL live blog for updates, they had Walker down for an assist on the second goal but it was given to Foden on their main page, odd, oh well. Took a 4m defender to come off the bench for me not to have a disaster after wild carding.

I had a poor week, only getting 37 points when the average was 44 again. :rolleyes:

It could have been worse, I was lucky Arteta didn't bring Gabriel off the bench for a couple of minutes at the end to get 1 point again, and so Kilman comes on and gets 8 points. I also got 5 for Leno when he replaced Guaita, who doesn't seem to be playing. I changed Gross for March after March scoring in the first two games, and Gross goes and scores! :oops: :$ :headbang: :LOL:

I've made three changes for next week, and will start off with -8. Hopefully the changes pan out. :)

My biggest mistake was offloading the 2 United mids (they had done nothing between them for 2 games, seemed a massive waste) for Liverpool mids, Diaz was hard done by though, he was taken off to make up for Van Dyke's red to strengthen defence, ACC to the live blog he had been pool's liveliest player up to that, and we all know Salah throws his toys about if he's subbed

Last edited:
Goddamn I can't catch a break, I used the Wildcard and revamped the squad, as a cheapo 4m Def I brought in Gusto from Chelsea ... up to 6pm I had him onfield no joke ... last minute switched him out bah! 2 assists and a CS for a £4m Def :/ oh well, I have the 2 City boys in to make up, hopefully
I brought him in too.... But I played him;)

I have had one person in the thread, and one person via PM, ask about re-instatement. I had hoped for more.

From the remaining members, I have had one PM against, two for, and one for, but they were OK with me deciding. I was hoping there would be more engagement because we were close to the start of the season. :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to PM. :)

So, its a no then?
Can I just ask a question first, did you see the first post in this thread and follow the link to join, or did you get contacted by the FF website to join?

And did you get a message from the FF website to say that you had been removed from the TPFF League, or only saw that when you visited the FF website, or when you came here?

Last edited:
I have had one person in the thread, and one person via PM, ask about re-instatement. I had hoped for more.

From the remaining members, I have had one PM against, two for, and one for, but they were OK with me deciding. I was hoping there would be more engagement because we were close to the start of the season. :rolleyes:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to PM. :)

I had a feeling you wouldn't get many pms as only a small number of us actually visit this thread regular, shame as it could be good banter. I was all for reinstatements, don't mind saying so ... people make mistakes, and well, I like a larger league too.

Team all sorted for this week, don't forget the deadline is 6:30 this eve for any last minute changes. If United weren't facing Arsenal I'd be tempted with the bench boost this round, feel like most of my bench could possible get points but I'll hold.

Last edited:
I brought him in too.... But I played him;)

I wasn't so sure, I pretty much brought him in for the price, but I did have him in line as sub for either of the City defenders and that worked out. You just never know for sure who'll start for them and having 2 of their defenders is always risky, I have since offed Akanji, seems like Walker is the more likely to start games. Gusto is now on field for me so maybe expect Chelsea to let in 2-3 goals :ROFLMAO:

Can I just ask a question first, did you see the first post in this thread and follow the link to join, or did you get contacted by the FF website to join?

And did you get a message from the FF website to say that you had been removed from the TPFF League, or only saw that when you visited the FF website, or when you came here?
Hi, I joined my usual other league on the FF site, and saw that I had also been automatically joined to this one. I thought that meant I didn’t need to re register like last year. I didn’t get any message to say I was being removed, it just disappeared. To be honest, since the app has gone, I don’t get notifications and its only when I check the website I see if I’ve got messages.

I too just joined (as i have in past years) by going straight to FF and renewing leagues from last year. I have not been active on talk photography having had to drastically reduce my photography due to medical reasons, therefore i did not see the new ruling contained in first post. I appeared in GW 2 (i think), then when i went to check points i found that i had disappeared!! No pm from TP or FF. Some may remember my posting in the season before last when challenging for top position, oh well. Been a TP member for a lot of years, most posts in Birds forum. I do feel a bit hard done by if i am honest, FF gave me a bit of interest, at my age 82 its good to have an interest. Should i expect to be ejected from the head to head league as well?

Last edited:
I too just joined (as i have in past years) by going straight to FF and renewing leagues from last year. I have not been active on talk photography having had to drastically reduce my photography due to medical reasons, therefore i did not see the new ruling contained in first post. I appeared in GW 2 (i think), then when i went to check points i found that i had disappeared!! No pm from TP or FF. Some may remember my posting in the season before last when challenging for top position, oh well. Been a TP member for a lot of years, most posts in Birds forum. I do feel a bit hard done by if i am honest, FF gave me a bit of interest, at my age 82 its good to have an interest. Should i expect to be ejected from the head to head league as well?

All you had to do was visit here once to confirm your team name, I think @redhed17 has been very fair and lenient on this. He let the deadline run over 2 weeks to allow those who had not posted their team to come and do so. Understandable that people fall away from the forum over time, especially when your photography is pushed to the side - I've been on a photography 'break' for about a year now, [last lens I bought I used twice only] - but I still knew to report back here for this league, it's how it's been done for the past number of years. It's not a new ruling, I remember people joining from outside the forum [whether members shared the code outside the forum or people that never visited here somehow came to find it] in the past and they got booted, and rightly so. I do emphatize with those of you who just genuinely made the mistake, but it's not up to me, I don't mind genuine people being re-included but I'd stand by whatever redhed17 decides. I doubt any of us wanted the league reduced from 23 players to 14, but as it isn't just some random public league there has to be some connecting here to the forum, it is after all the official TP league

This week has been so-so for me, I made 3 transfers so needed to make up 8pts before scoring anything, I'm at 68 atm [60 minus transfer fees], which is just barely above the average - everyone and their granny having Haaland as captain. It's still very much Haaland plus whatever other 14 players we throw together :D

Last edited:
I certainly do not remember having to post on the forum when i have joined the league for the last 5 years (i think), it was just a case of going to FF and doing the business to renew the leagues from previous years.

I certainly do not remember having to post on the forum when i have joined the league for the last 5 years (i think), it was just a case of going to FF and doing the business to renew the leagues from previous years.
I just know that I've also been in this league 5 years and have always come here to get the code to re-join, I find it odd that the FPL site auro adds people, you surely need to have the code for the new season??

Apparently not, i certainly joined and used the renew leagues option, otherwise i would have come across the new ruling, as far as i remember i have always used this method

Last edited:
Apparently not, i certainly joined and used the renew leagues option, otherwise i would have come across the new ruling, as far as i remember i have always used this method

I don't doubt it, I just find it odd they can auto renew for leagues that have private codes each season. I don't remember ever clicking an auto renew leagues option I just come here start of each season and get the code, post my team name and play from there. I certainly recognize your team name, think you've had it for a few seasons? I've gone from Oddballs, to Thecageyone and other silly ones :ROFLMAO: to simply New Oak United [the team I played for IRL as a teen ;) ]

I'm not sure why the H2H differes, there's 16 teams in that one, I mean I'm about to lose to a team who are not in the main league but I'm guessing they submitted info for the H2H but not for the main? it is a seperate league in itself

Last edited:
For the last few seasons I have been organising the (not official, but using the TalkPhotography name for the) FF league, ;) I have asked people to post the name of their teams here at the start of the season. This season I have enforced the one rule I set out. We seemed to have a lot more people joining, and I was hoping they, and the regulars from previous seasons, would post to say who their teams were. Sadly, a lot did not. :(

The reason I asked Yvette how she joined the league, was because I thought I chose not to renew last seasons league, and create a new one. I did that to try and have people join who may be more inclined to interact with this thread throughout the season. That was also the reason I chose a new name too, rather than just changing the years at the end of the name. If people have been automatically added to the league, which I thought was not possible, I'm inclined to allow those who may have been added, but have noticed that they have now been removed, ;) because they have played last season. I'm not 100% that is possible, but I will look into it.

Those that joined the Head2Head league can not, and so will not, be removed. The H2H league is locked in for people joining or being removed at the deadline of the first game. I think the H2H league is more complex for the organisers, which is why they lock it in at week one.

I will let this gameweek finish, and then try to add Yvette and fernface, if they would still like to be part of it, seeing as they are the only ones who seem to have noticed that they are no longer part of the TP FF League. :rolleyes: :( There is the international break now to get things sorted.

I hope that is OK with the members who see these posts. ;) :)

For the last few seasons I have been organising the (not official, but using the TalkPhotography name for the) FF league, ;) I have asked people to post the name of their teams here at the start of the season. This season I have enforced the one rule I set out. We seemed to have a lot more people joining, and I was hoping they, and the regulars from previous seasons, would post to say who their teams were. Sadly, a lot did not. :(

The reason I asked Yvette how she joined the league, was because I thought I chose not to renew last seasons league, and create a new one. I did that to try and have people join who may be more inclined to interact with this thread throughout the season. That was also the reason I chose a new name too, rather than just changing the years at the end of the name. If people have been automatically added to the league, which I thought was not possible, I'm inclined to allow those who may have been added, but have noticed that they have now been removed, ;) because they have played last season. I'm not 100% that is possible, but I will look into it.

Those that joined the Head2Head league can not, and so will not, be removed. The H2H league is locked in for people joining or being removed at the deadline of the first game. I think the H2H league is more complex for the organisers, which is why they lock it in at week one.

I will let this gameweek finish, and then try to add Yvette and fernface, if they would still like to be part of it, seeing as they are the only ones who seem to have noticed that they are no longer part of the TP FF League. :rolleyes: :( There is the international break now to get things sorted.

One thing I was going to suggest, though didn't think it my place, was that @Yvette Smith and @fernface throw their team names in here now, at least, since they are indeed the only ones who made the effort after being contacted. I certainly have no issue with them being re-added - let's get it done and get some banter going :) I mean, c'mon ... taking the p*** out of me for over transfering every other week is fun in itself :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and I did lose that H2H, but simply because I did one transfer too many ... imagine! :D

Last edited:
I’m still sticking with Mrs Smith’s Boys.
I was 19/30 in my other league, but bit the bullit and played my wildcard this week which has pushed me up to 12th. And yes, everyone else has Haaland too!

I’m still sticking with Mrs Smith’s Boys.
I was 19/30 in my other league, but bit the bullit and played my wildcard this week which has pushed me up to 12th. And yes, everyone else has Haaland too!

I blew my wildcard last week, but ... I do feel it made my team that bit stronger going forward. I'll be a little more savvy now [yeah right!] after making a triple transfer this GW. We'll see :D maybe the Int break will make us all re-think! Injury watch mode activated!

Amber Army are still top of the league, and slightly increase their lead to 21 points. They are ahead of Onana what's my name(79), as last weeks 2nd place, Klopp Klopp Boom(74), drop to 3rd, just 1 point behind.

King Kangaroo and Woodys Wonders were on equal points in joint 4th position last week, and they got the same number of points this week, 76, to remain on the same number of points. :)

Top points scorer of the week was Penfold's Dangermice with 93 points. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 72.

We have the international break, :( and so the deadline for making changes will be Sat 16th Sep @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 23/24 GW4

1693849613609.png

Because unbeaten leader Amber Army and unbeaten 3rd placed Banished to Riyadh were Head 2 Head with each other, a 100% record had to go, and the winner was... Amber Army 80-73. :) Banished to Riyadh drop to 4th. Woodys Wonders also still have a 100% record, and so equal points with Amber Army, after coming out ahead of Biggin Bangers 76-69.

Onana what's my name move up to 3rd after beating King Kangaroo 79-76.

Klopp Klopp Boom and Tarric's Tot's got the first draw of the season, I think, 74-74. Klopp Klopp Boom drop a position to 5th.

TP H2H League Results GW4
1693850709458.png
TP H2H League Fixtures GW5
1693850723093.png
TP H2H Table GW4

1693850735538.png

I had a good week points wise, with 78, but it could have been slightly better, as I will have 8 transfer points to come off. Still would not have won my H2H with WIRE TOWN, who beat me 91-70. :rolleyes:

Nice to be above the average, if only technically before the points come off. :LOL:

Sterling was the biggest flop for me, really would have expected something from him at home to Forrest, he was that one transfer too many this time out [ousted Mbuemo for him :/ ]

Thank you, Name of my team is horspath hounds, Brian Ockenden aka Fernface.

I thought there was a more than 50% chance of Salah being sold, so I transferred him out of my FF team. I bit the bullet and used the Wildcard to make a load of changes with the money back from him. Hope the changes don't bite me with these international game. But I would be able to make changes before the next deadline. :thinking:

I'm glad he is staying at Liverpool, but if he was all for a move, not moving may affect his form. Hope not, but time will tell. Plus, they will probably try to buy him again in January, so all the 'noise' will start again in a few weeks. :rolleyes:

All Liverpool have to say is that if Salah wants to move, he can go next summer, once they have a replacement. Stops all the destabilising talk for this season. If he wants to go of course. ;)

I haven't done any transfers yet, still have Salah but it's not like he's been lighting up scoreboards, there's much cheaper mids that have more points to date. Even if he does want to go, can't see him drop performance at Liverpool as it could affect any interest. it's Sterling I'm less sure about, He had that one good week and of course went back to his standard 2pts soon as I bring him in! Wissa has also been a flop for me, tempted to move thoese 2 though I would rather just make a free transfer this round, and the only one that works is Sterling for someone like Mbeumo and just keep Wissa benched for now

Transfers done, because I know I'll forget tomorrow eve and I plan to have a lie in Saturday morn! Anyone going crazy on transfers? I just did a very mediocre [for me at least] 2 out/in for -4.

There will be just the one for me, probably Rashford to Son.... not entirely a kneejerk reaction to his haul last game, it's just spurs look attacking under this manager and if Son continues his new role up front (Richarlison isn't taking it back anytime soon) he can't go wrong really. Even with 2 seemingly difficult fixtures in the next 3 games, Liverpool and Arsenal, I'm sure Son will get chances as their high defensive lines will leave him plenty of space to run into, which suits his game.
Plus I've never really been sold on Rashford, so never keep him long (that might just be my LFC bias though)

Back